hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Ron Gowrie

Hi, Has anyone had any issues with the cruise control not working and also the display showing the gear changes on above car

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - badbusdriver

We had an i30 turbo diesel auto for 3 years up to last May. It had cruise control which I used it a lot, but ever had any trouble with. Can you be a bit more specific on exactly what the problem is or what symptoms you are experiencing to make you think there is a problem?.

When trying to use the cruise control it just will not set. I have tried pressing brake pedal as stated in other replies but nothing seems to work. I came across someone who mentioned a "neutral switch " which also apparently is a common fault which affects the gearchange display which has also disappeared . I do not know what this switch is or where to start looking.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Kelticknight

I'm having issue with cruise control too. Won't set

Hyundai cent seem to find anything wrong yet

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Falkirk Bairn

A few years back, maybe 5/6 yrs there was a problem with CC.

It was related to footbrake switch - maybe not your problem - it took Hyundai 1+ yrs to fix it then.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - goonlazy

My ix35 has an occasional glitch where I am unable to set the Cruise Control. Usually pressing the brake pedal and trying again resolves the issue for me.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Bri 71

Hi Ron did you find out what was wrong with your c c and hear change I've the same problem only started yesterday

Hi there ,

Sorry no luck. Had car in for mot and asked garage to have a look but they said i would have to take it to hyundai dealer ,

If you have any luck , let me know what your answer was

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - RossJ

Hi Ron

i have the identical issue - started last Thursday - cruise control won't set & gear indicator no longer illuminates. Then on Saturday the DBC (downhill brake control) light illuminated and remains so - if that might be a clue. Was hoping it might all be on the same fuse circuit but the fuse descriptions in the manual are exceedingly poor: in fact it seems that the cruise control isn't on a fused circuit at all - which is highly unlikely (or the cause??).

Another ptential clue - i have been having a lot of problems with my key remote and had to start a couple of times by inserting the key into the slot in the console. Thought maybe that blew something???

I can't help thinking that they are all somehow related - but can't find any evidence that they are on the same circuit.

So are you simply driving without cruise control in the meantime? I drive 100mi/day on the freeway so find this ENORMOUSLY frustrating (will probably get a whole pile of traffic fines) so i would very greatly appreciate it if you could report any solution you might find.

Thanks and good luck

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Jontte83

Hi,

I have the same problem. Has anybody gotten this fixed yet.

I have changed the brake light switch and also the clutch switch. I have also read that it might be the neutral indicator switch.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Somerset Chris

I've been having the same trouble as described in the thread with my 2012 ix35 2Ltr 4x4 although my gear change indicator is working. The Cruise Control selection indicator comes 'On' but it won't Set. I've had various part (Brake Switch, Clutch Switch, Steering wheel switches etc) replaced over the last few years which has occasionally resolved it for a few months. I’ve also tried various fixes seen on-line none have which have worked for me.

That said I have found a way to get it so clear its head and set.

This is what seems to work for me at present.

Need to be driving at about 50mph (above 2000rpm) with the Cruise Selected (not Set, not that it will Set).

Press the “Cancel” button on the steering wheel and hold it down.

Now with the Cancel pressed press the Clutch down fully and Brake at the same time but keeping above 30mph (only need a couple of seconds). Releasing the Clutch, Brake and Cancel button and my Set button now works and I can set Cruise and adjust it with the steering wheel buttons !!

Why I don’t know but it works 9/10 times when the Cruise plays up.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Martin Eyre

Hi

I'm having the same trouble, has anyone managed to fix it yet please?

Many thanks

Martin

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - Kev C

Hi Chaps, First time on a forum!!!

I have just purchased 2012 IX35 1.7 CRD manual from my parents, It is mint, Fully dealler serviced and well cared for, has 43K gen miles. Now 2 days into owning it it has what appears to be same fault as described above. It starts and runs ok!!!

1. Cruise control is selectable (lights up on dash) but no control of speed.

2. No gear change indication

3. DBC has since lit up in red and won't reset - no other symptoms or running issues are experienced.

Anyone actually managed to find a fix on this? Hyundai want £105 for hrs diagnostics.

Some are saying gearbox neutral switch any idea where this is located.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - Adam megoran
I have the exact same problem with my 2012 ix35, have you found out the problem yet? Had it on a diagnostics computer and can’t find the issue
hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - Mark Wilkins 84

Hi did anyone ever come up with a solution for this? My car went into the garage to have some work done and the DBC light came on red on my drive home. Back to the garage but they couldn't find any faults on the reader. Gear change indicator is no longer active and cruise control won't set.

Clutch switch was changed as per another forums recommendation but didn't fix it.

Seems crazy these cars are all picking up the same fault but there doesn't seem to be a fix out there.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - FiestaOwner
Clutch switch was changed as per another forums recommendation but didn't fix it.

Just a thought. On my last couple of cars there seems to be two switches on the clutch pedal.

The 1st switch. Just touching the clutch pedal disengages the cruise control.

The 2nd switch. The starter motor can only be engaged when the clutch pedal is fully depressed.

Are BOTH clutch switches ok?

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - paul robert watson

I don't know if this may help or not,but on a Honda crv cruise clutch switch has a plastic

operator on the pedal that operates the switch,after about 5 years this drops off the pedal.

It is a disc of white plastic held in place by an arrow head shaped spike,which breaks off.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - Simon Stevenson

Hi

Just wondered if anyone got to the bottom of this issue. My 2012 1.7 crdi has just developed same issue is cruise control won't set and gear change display has disappeared. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - Big John

From my understanding with Hyundai(and other makes) you have a "neutral" sensor which can fail and cause the gear display to no longer work. Re cruise control it also has to detect lots of things to ensure safe operation such as brake + clutch pedal and of course gearbox, speed and engine status. If not you could end up with cruise control fighting against the brakes or engine revving if knocked out of gear etc. Any codes stored?

Many years ago I remember driving a hire Granada 2.8 auto Scorpio that had primitive cruise control. I remember being stuck in a traffic jam where after it started clearing the car decided it was time to resume cruise control where it had left off - the problem was that was at a much higher speed than I was now doing. All of a sudden the throttle hit the floor and the beast changed down two gears and it tried to get back up to speed as quickly as possible. Took me be surprise to say the least.

Fortunately cruise control setups are much safer now but if anything is not right it will default safe - ie disabled.

Edited by Big John on 04/09/2020 at 20:55

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - S40 Man

the car decided it was time to resume cruise control where it had left off - the problem was that was at a much higher speed than I was now doing.

My Astra K does this. Every other car I've had with cruise cuts out if you go into neutral. The Astra is timed out or turned off by braking. It means you can change gear on Motorway and still have cruise but I do find it annoying and dangerous on A road or around town. If you forget it's on and change down for engine braking the car actually accelerated. With max 200 bhp it can accelerate quite rapidly.

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Gear indicator issue - Callum Mackie

Hi, not sure if you ever managed to sort this, but I have, and didn't know if this may help you? After Hyundai told me that our 2012 Ix35 did not have a second clutch switch, I took the plastic trim underneath the steering wheel off and looked up, to the top of the clutch pedal arm, to see that it did in fact have a second switch - this was replaced, fault code cleared, and cruise control, gear selector, and smoother shifts back to normal. The clutch switch that you want is the top one (the one without the attached fly lead).

Edited by Callum Mackie on 21/01/2021 at 14:02

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Flinn_uk

Hello Ron,

I had the exact same problem. No gear change on dash, downhill assist light constantly on.

I found the culprit

There are two clutch switches (A) being on the top of the clutch pedal, it hasn't got a fly lead attached. (B) lower clutch control switch, this has a fly lead attached to it.

I replace the lower clutch control switch, still no cruise control.

I removed and checked the upper clutch swith and low and behold the pluncher on the switch was stuck in.

On further inspection, I took the switch apart and there is a spring inside.

This had broken in half..

Replaced the switch, and cleared codes and everything works 100 %

Hope this helps you sort this out.. Any thing you need to know, just ask

Edited by Flinn_uk on 28/02/2021 at 17:59

hyundai ix35 - cruise control - Luke flamson

Hi,

Stupid question but do you have a link to where you got the switch from.

I have replaced the lower clutch switch but didn't do anything and can't seem to find the higher up switch anywhere.

If you could assist in anyway that would be great even the name of the switch as I keep getting results for the same one I replaced

Many thanks

Luke