Chevy 250 straight 6 - AndersonGarcia

Hey all, going to be rebuilding the 250 I6 from my 67 impala soon. It has 70k miles on it and is all original. Is this a "beginner friendly" engine to rebuild? I've never done one before. It has the stock carb, intake, exhaust, all that which I plan to rebuild all that and keep it original. But, as far as internals go, what should I do? It runs well as is. Did cars in 1967 still run on leaded gas? If so, what do I need to do to convert it over to unleaded? What about the crankshaft, you're supposed to use zinc additive to protect the lobes or something, is there anything I can do about that? Should I pull it completely apart and have it machined and oil tanked and everything or should I just re-gasket and clean everything up? I wouldn't mind upgrading pistons/rods/whatever else to get a tiny bit more power but it's not super important. Any advice and resources and reading materials are appreciated. Thanks all

Chevy 250 straight 6 - Engineer Andy

Either the OP doesn't realise this is a UK website and not the unconnected US 'Honest John', or it's a set up post for a spammer as many have been of late.

To Avant - perhaps the IT boffins can add in a new 'rule' so that new members cannot post any comments on the forum or News articles/HJ's column with hyperlinks for the first (say) 10 comment posts. Then at least it can be reasonably gauaged whether they are a spammer with nothing useful to say or a genuine person.

Just a thought.

Chevy 250 straight 6 - Avant

Not quite sure how that could be achieved, but by all means suggest it to Kalpesh (kalpesh@honestjohn.co.uk). No good my trying to pass that on - I'd get something wrong.

All posters - please note that honestjohn.com (as opposed to co.uk) is a US site which no doubt was wanted here. From their website:

"Honest John’s Caddy Corner is pleased to celebrate our 30th year of supplying Cadillac lovers with quality new, used, reproduction parts and service."

So nothing to do with us.

Edited by Avant on 26/11/2019 at 18:18

Chevy 250 straight 6 - Joe-Alex

Either the OP doesn't realise this is a UK website and not the unconnected US 'Honest John', or it's a set up post for a spammer as many have been of late.

To Avant - perhaps the IT boffins can add in a new 'rule' so that new members cannot post any comments on the forum or News articles/HJ's column with hyperlinks for the first (say) 10 comment posts. Then at least it can be reasonably gauaged whether they are a spammer with nothing useful to say or a genuine person.

Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure it's spam as the exact same message has been posted by 3 different accounts.

The rule you suggested should be easy enough to implement, but, then again, I haven't worked with this forum's back end.