Tall order - BPL

Anyone recommend a weekend bike for a 58 yo 6'4" tall rider? I prefer an upright riding postion, simple mechanics, light weight, good handling, good brakes, nice engine note/feel and had a mis-spent youth on dirt bikes (not limited to these though). 30-60 bhp?

Trying not to look like a bear on a push bike...

Tall order - craig-pd130

I'd suggest looking at the Suzi DL650 V-Strom, or the newish Yam 700 Teneré. Both semi-adventure styled but strongly road-biased bikes.

Tall order - Cris_on_the_gas

KTM 790 duke

Tall order - BPL

KTM 790 duke

Yes lovely bike -I would hardly get it off idle speed ha ha!

Edited by Peter, NI on 13/10/2020 at 15:22

Tall order - BPL

I'd suggest looking at the Suzi DL650 V-Strom, or the newish Yam 700 Teneré. Both semi-adventure styled but strongly road-biased bikes.

Great suggestions! I fear the V Strom has a low seat which is a shame as I like the V twin motor . The Yam must be a sideways inline twin?

Tall order - Surreydriver

If you enjoy looking after bikes, several friends (who are tall) ride boxer BMWs from the 70s/80s. I had an R75/6 and maintenance was relatively easy rather than a headache.

Tall order - BPL

If you enjoy looking after bikes, several friends (who are tall) ride boxer BMWs from the 70s/80s. I had an R75/6 and maintenance was relatively easy rather than a headache.

I always liked the look and sound of them - must take a look