Job Advice - studentman38

Hello, I need advice. I really need a job, I applied to a job at Mcdonalds and was accepted into a interview however I messaged the manager on facebook and told him I was too good to work there and my application was removed. Since then I have tried apologizing but he has blocked my facebook and other people that work there have to. I really don't know what to do because this has been the only job thats ever offered me a interview so I feel really stupid, I have tried so many other place (Not KFC or Burger King/Gregs or Subway) But I jeep getting my CV rejected

hello someone help

Job Advice - Ethan Edwards

No problem. Ditch Farcebook t***ter Toktak and any other social media. Get a haircut like you were in the Army. Buy a suit or three. Polish up your CV and hit the Employment agencies. Think why you want to work. When you get an interview do some research about the company. Ask intelligent questions seem genuinely interested in widget management or wotsit manufacture. Be polite attentive and engaging. If questioned about that Farcebook post of you and your mates off your head on chemicals at Glastonbury. Say your account has been hacked. Claim to be a completely different person now etc. Bone up on answers to the usual questions "where do you see yourself in five years time " etc. Realise that the people interviewing you are also nervous and don't know what to ask you. Which is why you get daft questions. Be prepared to start at the bottom and work your way up. Oh and be punctual always. Be honest if you don't know something ask. Best of luck.

Mate I have never got a job before and I am 28. I am at university and study tourism management but I want to work to get some money to be able to travel or go to events that I like/Save up for driving lessons and a house

I don't have a girlfriend, I can't drive. I don't have much money to move out of my parents house. I am 28 like I said and my stepbrother who is younger then me is getting married soon and has a job and my stepsister is getting a house with her boyfriend. I have nothing

Job Advice - Ethan Edwards

Man do you have a problem. No work history at 28. At 22 I was married with mortgage, many years ago !. Well all of those things are what youll have to do. Clearly a job in fast food isn't for you. You'd likely do better in say the financial sector. Have a think about it.

Job Advice - dan86

I don't have a girlfriend, I can't drive. I don't have much money to move out of my parents house. I am 28 like I said and my stepbrother who is younger then me is getting married soon and has a job and my stepsister is getting a house with her boyfriend. I have nothing

Then stop moaning about it and do something about it

Job Advice - mss1tw

There's good money to be made as a driving instructor

Job Advice - dan86

There's good money to be made as a driving instructor

I see what you did there

Job Advice - Avant

"....however I messaged the manager on facebook and told him I was too good to work there and my application was removed."

What did you do that for? If you are going to score own goals like that, you certainly need help. But this isn't the place to look for it - sorry.

Job Advice - dan86

"....however I messaged the manager on facebook and told him I was too good to work there and my application was removed."

What did you do that for? If you are going to score own goals like that, you certainly need help. But this isn't the place to look for it - sorry.

Why is everyone replying to the trole again he comes on here with different names because he gets banned and then moans that he can't drive can't get a girlfriend ect.

Job Advice - chris87
What can you do? Experience? Qualifications?
Job Advice - Avant

We don't want to start this thread up again.