Employment - Ingenia

Give me 1 thing that puts you off the most when you visit a company for an interview??

Employment - lucklesspedestrian

and why would we want to do that?

Employment - badbusdriver

and why would we want to do that?

Quite so, doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with motoring.

Employment - alan1302

Bad biscuits

Employment - edlithgow

When they don't pay expenses.

Employment - Maxime.

When the casting couch is in the room !

and tinned chopped pork on the menu.

I feel a spammy sarnie coming on.

Edited by maxime on 04/03/2021 at 14:20

Employment - Xileno

It's an interesting subject possibly worthy of discussion. Hopefully it will be moved to the non-motoring forum.

Employment - Metropolis.
Casting couch, LOL!
Employment - primus 1

When they say “ where do you want to be in 5 years”

and I say..” retired” ...

Employment - nellyjak

I knew her dad...Norman Clegg (that was)..he had a mate called Foggy...maybe that accounts for the post...!!

Employment - Xileno

We don't know the OP's motives for starting this thread but I think it's an interesting subject.

When I think back to interviews I've been invited to, probably the one disappointment has been companies who have not been up-front and honest about the financial package and likely career path.

However - my main interest in this is from the other side of the desk. I have interviewed many people in the last twenty years, mainly for technical posts, often but not exclusively software developers. While I'm obviously looking for strong technical skills I find it really disappointing when candidates have made no attempt to research what the employer does. Just a few sentences will suffice, enough to show they have made some effort. It's so easy these days with the internet. When I went for an interview at M&S HO in the mid 90's there was no mass access to the internet, one had to ask people who you might have networked with, try and get hold of a current annual report to try and find out what direction the company was heading in.

I would never turn someone down just because of this if they were otherwise a good candidate but given how easy it is to research on the web, it doesn't give me a good feeling to start off the interview with.

Employment - Engineer Andy

Give me 1 thing that puts you off the most when you visit a company for an interview??

When they are really a spammer pretending to post something real-world related in readiness to sell you some pills?

If this is a serious question, the most obvious answer is the interviewer not bothering to turn up for the interview.