Talking pictures TV - galileo

The other day (not much on the usual channels) we watched an episode of "Scotland Yard" from 1960, black and white footage of London as detectives solved a crime.

Older members may recall this series (narrated by Edgar Lustgarten) younger members may find pictures of 1960's life of interest.

(No hard hats on building sites, senior cops smoking cigarettes in their office, Wolseley 6/80 police cars. A vanished world.

Talking pictures TV - bathtub tom

I've been watching stuff from this channel (selectively) for yonks. There's some classic films there.

Talking pictures TV - badbusdriver

I've been watching stuff from this channel (selectively) for yonks. There's some classic films there.

Me too, Lavender Hill Mob is on right now!

Talking pictures TV - groaver

Bob's Rover SD1 is getting well used on Talking Pictures just now.

Rita, Sue and Bob too.

Talking pictures TV - hahn_ka

I like all detective stories. No matter what the year it is.

Talking pictures TV - Ethan Edwards

70s golden age of telly before Woke etc Sweeney....quality programme.

Talking pictures TV - concrete

I agree with other comments. Very good channel. Look forward to Public Eye on Tuesdays. Frank Marker is an excellent actor and plays it so well. True to life situations and very watchable. Even Van Der Valk preceding it is not bad either.

Cheers Concrete

Talking pictures TV - De Sisti

I agree with other comments. Very good channel. Look forward to Public Eye on Tuesdays. Frank Marker is an excellent actor and plays it so well. True to life situations and very watchable. Even Van Der Valk preceding it is not bad either.

Cheers Concrete

Alfred Burke is the actor that played Frank Marker.

It's a pity that the early series were lost (tapes wiped clean in order to record other stuff).

Edited by De Sisti on 14/06/2022 at 13:48

Talking pictures TV - sammy1

So many black and white films on my TV some of which are barely watchable. Beginning to wonder why I am paying SKY as the rest of the channels just have repeats that go round and round almost in a cycle. Some I watch which now appear to cut out any violence and occasionally drop an episode when you are watching a series! Has anyone not seen the Searchers with John Wayne at least 10 times on various channels. About time some more film rights were purchased. Just as well the summer evenings are here to rest my retinas.

Talking pictures TV - Ethan Edwards

Has anyone not seen the Searchers with John Wayne at least 10 times....

Oh at least 10 times. My favourite western if not my favourite film . One of the Dukes best ever. Not watch it? That'll be the day.