VW iD4 - OZEV Grant Application - Raymond Lee Grinyer

Hi,

I signed contracts and paid a £500 deposit with VW to order an iD4 on the 29/11/21, so in time for the £2.5k grant.

The gov changed the OZEV grants on the 15/12/21.

Unfortunately the dealership called and stated that due to them changing the grant eligibility criteria overnight, they did not register the in time via the portal.

Due to this they are now saying that I will have to contribute towards the shortfall of the £2.5k.

As far as I am concerned, I signed a contract and paid a deposit over 2 weeks before the grant changes, and it is the dealerships responsibility to apply for the grant in a timely manner. As they have not, I believe it it is now their duty to cover the £2.5k.

I'd appreciate any advice on the above.

Many thanks

VW iD4 - OZEV Grant Application - RT

What's the wording in the contract - almost all contracts will include provision to vary the price if the rate of VAT changes so may well include a similar provision for grant changes - the contract may specify whether regulations at point of supply apply.

VW iD4 - OZEV Grant Application - SLO76
I’d be demanding the dealer stumped up here. They are at fault and a deal was agreed based on the grant available at the time which they should’ve applied for. If they refuse I’d bump it up the VW customer services. I’d go as far as walking away from the deal over £2,500, make this clear to them.
VW iD4 - OZEV Grant Application - Grenache
I’d be demanding the dealer stumped up here. They are at fault and a deal was agreed based on the grant available at the time which they should’ve applied for. If they refuse I’d bump it up the VW customer services. I’d go as far as walking away from the deal over £2,500, make this clear to them.

If you did walk away, the dealer would probably be quite happy, as the £2500 is probably a sizeable chunk of the profit they would have made on your sale, plus they now have a car available for immediate delivery to the next customer who walks through the door, paying the same profit over again.

If the grant is payable based on the first registration date then ask for a pre-reg at a discount.