Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - DiOMrj

Hello everyone,I'm hoping someone could help me,I've received a PCN for driving in a ULEZ zone and I want to appeal as my car is compliant,it's a 2017 diesel but my problem is it says when going to appeal to provide evidence but on my V5C certificate the EURO category of my car is not stated I've checked online and it's 6b I've driven on this same road that I got the fine on for more than 6months with no issues same in other parts of central London and never got a fine to say I was shocked would be an understatement.Does anyone know what would be deemed acceptable for them as proof that my car is compliant.

Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - RT

Do you have the "Certificate of Conformity" that should have come in the document pack with the car - if so you can use that as evidence.

Pepipoo website may be able to help.

Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - DiOMrj

I'll have a look.

Thank you.

Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - Brit_in_Germany

By "checking online" do you mean via this site?

GOV.UK - Enter the registration number of the vehicle (vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk)

Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - Bromptonaut

By "checking online" do you mean via this site?

GOV.UK - Enter the registration number of the vehicle (vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk)

For both our cars that says 'Euro Status not Available'.

AIUI my 2016 petrol Skoda is compliant but if I use the checker on TfL's website it suggests a charge is payable. As above, check the car's original documentation.

My recollection is that Euro 6 diesels meet the criteria.

Respond to TfL asking them to look again at the decision enclosing a copy of such documentation as you have.

Don't be afraid to appeal to the tribunal if you're sure you're right and are knocked back.

I did it with a parking charge from LB Camden. Although it was a bit of a busman's holiday for me - I used to work with Tribunals - it's a pretty simple and friendly process.

Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - Grenache

My car also doesn't have its Euro emissins level noted on the gov.uk's check vehicle tax page, however various websites including the smmt say that any car registered from Sept 2015 onwards must be Euro 6 compliant, so surely the date of first registration of the car is enough to prove that level?

Volkswagen Golf GTD MK7.5 - ULEZ PCN Appeal help - Brit_in_Germany

If the car was built before June 2015 and registered before September 2016 it could still be Euro 5.