annoying problems with the site...... - concrete

Is it me, or does everyone get the extremely annoying pop up asking me to agree or not with something or other. Every time I switch subject or move around the site. Crazy.

Cheers Concrete

annoying problems with the site...... - Andrew-T

Is it me, or does everyone get the extremely annoying pop up asking me to agree or not with something or other. Every time I switch subject or move around the site. Crazy.

Not so far .....

annoying problems with the site...... - concrete

It is the Privacy Policy that pops up every single time I change page or change area from motoring to legal to general etc or scroll down. It is so so annoying. If it persists I shall simply stop coming to the site. I have agreed once and that should do it.

Cheers Concrete

annoying problems with the site...... - _

It is the Privacy Policy that pops up every single time I change page or change area from motoring to legal to general etc or scroll down. It is so so annoying. If it persists I shall simply stop coming to the site. I have agreed once and that should do it.

Cheers Concrete

I only get it the first time i open the motoring forum. (using firefox, windows 11.

ORB

annoying problems with the site...... - Xileno

No problem here (Chrome)

If it persists then please drop an email to the helpful IT chap who is usually quick to resolve matters: kalpesh.mistry@heycar.co.uk

annoying problems with the site...... - Andrew-T

No problem here (Chrome)

Likewise.

annoying problems with the site...... - expat

Cheers Concrete

No problem here. I am on Firefox 91.6 with Adblock plus. I also have a custom hosts file which blocks a huge number of ad sites.

annoying problems with the site...... - Engineer Andy

Cheers Concrete

Ad and popup blockers are your friend. I would recommend Firefox as your browser, but the problem in not being able to open the Review section tabs for any car (away from the Summary), despite me reporting it as a fault ages ago rather goes against it.

I have been a fan of Firefox as there were far more add-on apps than all the other browsers, though many previously useful ones are now no longer compatible with the newer versions from about 3 years ago.

Not sure if Chrome or MS-Edge (Chrome-based) has the original issue, though the latter doesn't have the issue with the links. I suspect that's more to do with the lack of an ad blocker, so I rarely use it.

Other than for that limited use and one or two other sites (Ch4 OD which also isn't accessible with my ad blockers in place on Firefox), I don't use Edge much because of the privacy issues.

For me, Chrome is just a backup I rarely use.

annoying problems with the site...... - alan1302

Not sure if Chrome or MS-Edge (Chrome-based) has the original issue, though the latter doesn't have the issue with the links. I suspect that's more to do with the lack of an ad blocker, so I rarely use it.

You can get them for Chrome and Edge though - I use Ghostery in Edge.