Peugeot 308 - Garage have sold me a faulty car - Sophie Wrotniak

I am currently at a loss with my car. I have had nothing but issues with me car from date of purchase 14/10/2020. I have been back and forth since February 2021 after there was a product recall on my timing belt. They advised me there’s nothing wrong with the car and my timing belt is fit for purpose. The issue that started all off this was high consumption of oil. My car oil light was coming up every 1000 miles and after a dip stick test it was empty. The dealership (whom I bought the car from) advised me this is standard on this car. I failed to believe this but just held tight until august 2021 and my service September 2021 I told them again both times about my complaints. They cleaned the oil filters and flushed the engine and this seems to have helped up until February 2022. I called the call centre to have this resolved March 2022, they advised me that they would have my local dealership contact me to have the engine fully inspected. I waited 2 weeks until the inevitable happened and I broke down on a motor. My car went into limp mode With the engine warning light and service light red, At 70mph and I was lucky I was able to get off onto an exit. They advised me this was the timing belt, which was recalled a year prior and they stated it was fine. They fixed this and had Peugeot pay for the claim. 72 hours after they handed my car back, the same thing happened again limp mode on a motorway at 70 mph with both engine management light and service light in red. This was yesterday and they full inspected and fixed the fault ( there was 8 faults recorded by my breakdown company) they tried to deliver the car back to me today, the driver heard a grating noise from the engine and told me he wasn’t happy to give me the car back. At this point I requested to come with them and speak to the service manager at the garage. I drove the car back with them following me in their own car and after 3 engineers listened to the noise they advised me it’s something to do with the valves which would cost £1200 ish and it’s wear and tear and I need to pay. I’ve told them I was not paying for this, I have come back to them so many times about my engine and was pushed away every time as nothing wrong. They now advised me they’re going to request an engine replacement and claim through Peugeot but it could be 0% to 50% paid out so I would have to pay. I told them I can’t afford this and it’s not on. They said they don’t know if Peugeot will pay 100%. I told them what they don’t know is there other branch (where I picked the car up from when buying it) left the previous owners documents in the car with his name and address and other details on, this breaches GPDR. I told them I read his documents and the previous owner brought the car to themselves with complaints of loss of power similar to what I’ve experienced and that indicates to me this engine problem was going on long before I purchased the car. The previous owner had the car for 1 year before selling, I now know why. I don’t know what my rights are, I suffer with poor mental health and I’m a student I can’t afford £6000 if Peugeot won’t accept the claim or £3000 if they will only pay 50%

[Moved to Legal forum and removed dealer name]

Edited by Xileno on 10/05/2022 at 10:32

Peugeot 308 - Garage have sold me a faulty car - _

rher comments from other posts relating to problems

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=159060...8

ORB

Edited by _ORB_ on 10/05/2022 at 11:35

Peugeot 308 - Garage have sold me a faulty car - Gibbo_Wirral

Its a well known awful engine that drinks oil and has other issues.

Mine would need a litre every 1000 miles or so. And there are plenty of other owners on the forums who have experienced the same.

Peugeot won't pay a penny, just like they won't for their flawed adblue system on the 3008 that fails right out of warranty, or the blocked oil feed on the old DW10 engines that would destroy turbos.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 10/05/2022 at 12:26

Peugeot 308 - Garage have sold me a faulty car - Palcouk

If you have docs from the previous owner showing the same faults that the dealer was aware of, then speak to trading standards on your area and or Citizens Advice