No need to rush - Wales - HGV ~ P Valentine

Hello One and All,

These days of high fuel, it is shame that people only use the car for shopping and work, so I wanted to share this with you guys, so grab a coffee sit back, and enjoy. According to the sat nav this road is 1'600 feet above sea level.

No need to rush - Wales - mcb100
Am I missing something here? Maybe a link to something?
No need to rush - Wales - badbusdriver

Presumably a picture. OP must have typed out his post before establishing whether or not the picture could be linked.

Pity, sounds nice!

No need to rush - Wales - _

Did Jeremy clarkson and co do a run here, and yes it's beautiful for driving. but beware...

www.dangerousroads.org/europe/wales/954-llyn-stwla...l

No need to rush - Wales - focussed

The road is closed to private vehicles.

The road is closed to private vehicles.

So are lots of places they filmed.

There is a Lakeside Cafe with road access, Tanygrisiau village and Cwmorthin Waterfall. You can walk to the dam from the cafe as there is a footpath, according to google maps it is 2.1 miles and takes about an hour.

On my list of things to do when I go back, thank you for the info.

Edited by HGV ~ P Valentine on 20/06/2022 at 05:46

I have saved it, going back in Sep def gotta try that road.

Facebook

Apologies guys here is the video, yes there are private roads, but so much less then the south coast, and yes private land as well but they still let people walk there.

AAAAnyway here is the video, more to come. Apologies again.

I'll move this one here for now , till discussed it with Xileno, but videos like that to General in future please.

ORB moderator

No need to rush - Wales - Bromptonaut

I'm fairly sure that in CEGB's days you could pay a fee to drive up to the Stwlan Dam. I guess it go too popular.

Is the other road on the Facebook link the one up to The Rhinogs and Roman Steps?

No need to rush - Wales - Bromptonaut

Apologies guys here is the video, yes there are private roads, but so much less then the south coast, and yes private land as well but they still let people walk there.

Just because there are footpaths or because it's access land and people can walk it isn't a reason to allow land and minor roads/byeways to be available for motor vehicles.