UPVC windows in Suffolk - Random

We're in need of some UPVC windows for our home in Suffolk. Can anyone recommend either a local or a national company with which they've had a good experience?

UPVC windows in Suffolk - gramar

It's the first time in ages I've looked at the forum and maybe I can be of assistance.

I too live in Suffolk, I was born in Bury St Edmunds and have lived here all my life (I'm 67).

In May 2022 I sought quotes from 3 local traders for replacement UPVC windows (11) and exterior doors (2). I chose two independent sole traders one of whom I have known for many years the other has carried out a lot of work for my niece and my brother in the past few years including windows and doors and finally a larger, family run local company.

The cheapest came from Tony Murfet trading as Murfet PVCU Windows (FENSA approved & registered). I've known Tony for 40 years or so. In October last year he replaced the old wooden side door on my garage and has on my recommendation carried out work for friends of mine in the past.

Next I had a quote from Guy Brinkley (not FENSA) that is 20% higher.

And finally Frames and Conservatories Direct(FENSA) a further 30% more expensive than Guy.

We are giving the work to Tony Murfet .

I have no particular allegiance to any of these traders and would be happy to have any of them work for me. The quotes range from £8500 to over £13,000 so more than one quote is essential.

Contact details

Tony Murfet 07771 634959 email amurfet@gmail.com

Guy Brinkley 07990 810043 email guy.brinkley1993@gmail.com

Frames and Conservatories Direct 01284 700456 website: fcdhomeimprovements.co.uk/

Good luck.

Regards Graham Clarke