Honda Civic 2010 - I ran a red tempoary traffic light - civicpride2056

Okay, so I know 100% what I did. I'm not denying I ran a red light. It was a tempoary traffic light, it was placed in a stupid position that caused traffic to backup through a junction of actual permenant traffic lights. Once I cleared that junction myself and the other cars in front approached a set of tempoary traffic lights. They changed to green - for like two seconds - before going to red. Four cars in front of me drove through the red light, so I followed them. I did it because in the heat of the moment I was p***ed off, it looked like they were just about to take down the traffic lights and I think I could see the guy manning the lights telling the guy at the front to go through the red. I'm like 90% sure the works have a permit, I'm not worried about getting caught by a "camera", I know full well the boxes on the traffic lights are not cameras, I'm more worried about one of the workers or motorists reporting me. That said if they do I take it they will also report the four other cars who went through the light. Has anyone else done this, whats the odds

Honda Civic 2010 - I ran a red tempoary traffic light - daveyjp

It is highly unlikely anything will come of it.

Traffic management companies do this work day in day out and see hundreds of drivers going through red.

I just came back from speaking to them, just sounding apologetic even though I sounded stupid. They said they saw me but won't do anything, but said the tempoary works in Central london have cameras. I never knew this and it sounds like BS but I'll take note of it just in case.

That gets one witness out of the picture, then of course there are other motorists who may have captured it on dashcam ( i have one myself) and may feel compelled to report me, though I would hope if they report me they also report the four other drivers.

Honda Civic 2010 - I ran a red tempoary traffic light - Adampr

Those temporary signals are not traffic lights per se and don't have the same legal standing. If you run one, you could get a charge for dangerous driving or driving without due care (depending on the circumstances), but you should be fine as long as you could see there was no traffic coming the other way and proceeded with due caution at an appropriate speed.

I thought that initally but I'm pretty sure I've also read that's a myth...if they have the permit, and the sign indicating "STOP HERE WHEN LIGHTS RED" etc its equivelant to traffic lights.

It was never dangerous driving, I was well witrhin the speed limit and there were no cars approaching. I wouldn't normally do it but it seemed such a pathetically short time to be on green. If it was an actual traffic light I wouldn't have done it