Renault Clio - Update on cow hitting a cow - malct

Just to update you on the following story

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=158980

Its almost 11 months since the accident where a stray cow was on the road and my wife swerved to miss it.

Anyways, here is the update

The car repair shop made a right mess on the repairs and the car was in the garage 3 times and after the 3rd time there was still faults, so I complained to the insurance company and also the body repair shop who told me that the repair was acceptable. The insurance company sent out a inspector to check the repairs and the report came back has sub standard and found more faults in the repairs to the paint work, I informed the insurance company that I was not taking the car back to the garage again and that we look for a solution. The insurance company offered me 3 choices, take it back to the body repair shop, take the car to a body repair shop of my choice, or accept the cost of the repair in compensation and do what I want with the money and I decided on taking the money.

Next issue, the farmers insurance would not reply to any letters hoping that the insurance company would back down, even the farmer would not reply to letters from my insurance, cut a long story short, we informed the farmer that we were going to take him to court but his insurance decided to pay up including my £300 excess.

Main thing in this, it's shocking how a body repair shop can try and fob you off and even the farmers insurance trying to get out from paying, I have to say, my insurance company was A1.

Renault Clio - Update on cow hitting a cow - RT

Just to update you on the following story

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=158980

Its almost 11 months since the accident where a stray cow was on the road and my wife swerved to miss it.

Anyways, here is the update

The car repair shop made a right mess on the repairs and the car was in the garage 3 times and after the 3rd time there was still faults, so I complained to the insurance company and also the body repair shop who told me that the repair was acceptable. The insurance company sent out a inspector to check the repairs and the report came back has sub standard and found more faults in the repairs to the paint work, I informed the insurance company that I was not taking the car back to the garage again and that we look for a solution. The insurance company offered me 3 choices, take it back to the body repair shop, take the car to a body repair shop of my choice, or accept the cost of the repair in compensation and do what I want with the money and I decided on taking the money.

Next issue, the farmers insurance would not reply to any letters hoping that the insurance company would back down, even the farmer would not reply to letters from my insurance, cut a long story short, we informed the farmer that we were going to take him to court but his insurance decided to pay up including my £300 excess.

Main thing in this, it's shocking how a body repair shop can try and fob you off and even the farmers insurance trying to get out from paying, I have to say, my insurance company was A1.

Thanks for the update - I have heard before that National Farmers Union (NFU) insurance is very good for their policyholders but extremely obstructive to third parties.

Renault Clio - Update on cow hitting a cow - Andrew-T

<< The insurance company offered me 3 choices, take it back to the body repair shop, take the car to a body repair shop of my choice, or accept the cost of the repair in compensation and do what I want with the money and I decided on taking the money. >>

As I have said more than once, if an insurance repair job is contemplated it is better to prefer your own repairer, not one tied to the insurers. You have a better chance of knowing one by reputation, and it will probably be more conveniently situated.

Renault Clio - Update on cow hitting a cow - galileo

Hs anyone noticed the OP's rather ungallant title to this thread? If his wife sees it he may suffer yet another impact (handbag to head?)

Renault Clio - Update on cow hitting a cow - Andrew-T

Has anyone noticed the OP's rather ungallant title to this thread?

Hopefully Mrs OP is not a frequent visitor to this forum.