BMW 1 Series - Wing mirror - johnmazda

I clipped/grazed wrong mirror of a parked car. I don't think there was anyone in it at the time but did hear a beep which may have been the car behind me.

???????Didn't stop immediately but went back to see if there was any damage. Didn't see any that I could think of and the wrong mirror was still pushed in and didn't see the owner of the car.

Should I still report it to 101?

BMW 1 Series - Wing mirror - Gerry Sanderson

Google

Section 170 Road Traffic Act 1988

which sets out the law in your case.

To be ultra safe report.

dvd

BMW 1 Series - Wing mirror - galileo

I clipped/grazed wrong mirror of a parked car. I don't think there was anyone in it at the time but did hear a beep which may have been the car behind me.

???????Didn't stop immediately but went back to see if there was any damage. Didn't see any that I could think of and the wrong mirror was still pushed in and didn't see the owner of the car.

Should I still report it to 101?

Squeezed left in rush hour traffic I had a similar touch with the mirror of a parked car (which was half on the pavement yards from traffic lights, on yellow lines.

Stopping would have caused gridlock so I called at the cop shop next morning, a nice young WPC took my details and thanked me, never heard any more.

Thanks both got the replies. I did do the online report yesterday just to be safe, as advised. What happens from here then?

I think it's possible that the driver might have been in the vehicle at the time which means they would have seen and heard the slight bump on the wing mirror. Whether they then decided to do anything about it, obviously I have no idea but they definitely didn't chase me down.

BMW 1 Series - Wing mirror - RT

My door mirror got hit by an errant van driver coming the other way who strayed over the centre line - by the time I could find somewhere safe to stop he was long gone - the scuff mark polished out next time the car was valeted - I didn't bother reporting it to the police or my insurer.

Hmmm so you obviously saw it happen and I'm guessing the van driver didn't stop.

I haven't heard anything yet but will give it a few more weeks. But to ask, as I did the report I'm not going to get penalised, correct?