Ford Puma ST - Reapplying for revoked licence - Kathryn Ralph

I have had my licence revoked from 14/4/23 due to a head injury sustained in December 22

The DVLA have not given a date I can reapply for my licence but the time the doctor told me not to drive was 6mths from date of discharge.

Does anyone know if the DVLA count the 6mths from the revocation date or the date you are discharged from hospital which was the date I informed them of as soon as I could which was 17th January 23?

Many thanks

Kathryn Ralph

Ford Puma ST - Reapplying for revoked licence - RT

I have had my licence revoked from 14/4/23 due to a head injury sustained in December 22

The DVLA have not given a date I can reapply for my licence but the time the doctor told me not to drive was 6mths from date of discharge.

Does anyone know if the DVLA count the 6mths from the revocation date or the date you are discharged from hospital which was the date I informed them of as soon as I could which was 17th January 23?

Many thanks

Kathryn Ralph

Personally, I'd use the date of the head injury and apply 6 months after that - you won't be able to drive until they make a decision which could take months.

I was disqualified after a diagnosis of heart failure so reapplied 6 months after the diagnosis although it took another 4 months to get a decision - I'm now on annual reapplications but am now allowed to keep driving while they consider my case.

Ford Puma ST - Reapplying for revoked licence - Bromptonaut

Six months from discharge is, to my mind, a start point; by then you might be OK.

I'd be asking for an up to date opinion from the Healthcare Professionals responsible for ongoing treatment. In other words what will they say to DVLA, if their opinion is asked for, when you ask for a replacement license.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 16/04/2023 at 01:23