Mazda - Beyond stop line - johnmazda

Was approaching the traffic lights and about to turn right when the light went Amber and so I stopped but unfortunately I was just beyond the stop line. I did not move forwards any further until it went green. Is this an offence!? I did not actually go through a red light but I'm worried as the law says every part of the vehicle has to be before the stop line when the light tienes Red.

I don't think I saw any red light traffic cameras in any case.

Mazda - Beyond stop line - Crickleymal

I wouldn't worry one iota.

Mazda - Beyond stop line - bathtub tom

I reckon that's his problem, he does worry. I wonder if he's got anxiety issues?

Yes I think I do certainly when it comes to driving. Fine with my ability and avoiding any serious happening like a crash, it's more to do with worrying doing something fine worthy. As I'm a new driver, I get paranoid as you can only afford six penalty points in your first two years. I think after this point I will relax a bit more.

I'm probably under the speed limit most of the time but occasionally things like the above get me worried.

As I said I don't really see these red light traffic cameras in London, certainly where I am. Where are most of them?

Mazda - Beyond stop line - Adampr

You would never get points for being slightly over a line or something.

I have been driving for 29 years in a not particularly cautious way and have had no points and one speed awareness course.

Mazda - Beyond stop line - Greendean

That hasn't happened me over traffic lights, but I don't know with the restrictions in general, if you go over what they consider a border as in if any part of your vehicle does, you can be in contravention, but this is normally more the case with PCNs

Mazda - Beyond stop line - skidpan

I think the OP needs to get some extra tuition and discuss these matters with the instructor. He may have passed his test but its clear he is over thinking small matters that the rest of us never even consider.

Mazda - Beyond stop line - Middleman

I get paranoid as you can only afford six penalty points in your first two years.

Actually you can only afford five. Getting six will see your licence revoked.

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I think the OP needs to get some extra tuition and discuss these matters with the instructor. He may have passed his test but its clear he is over thinking small matters that the rest of us never even consider.

Yes this might be an idea. Just this evening I saw another camera I drove past and am a bit worried whether it was a speed camera..

The road didn't have the white line markings so it wasn't a gatso camera but a small black one with three lenses. Don't think I can attach a picture here.