Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - N criello
Hello,
My car failed it’s MOT and one of the things was on the rear number plate lights. I’ve changed both bulbs that light up the rear numberplate light, however they still don’t work.
Where is the fuse located for these?
My rear brake lights both work and I replaced the outer casing for the rear numberplate lights a couple of years back as they had rusted. There is no rusting and the bulbs are held in well so I’m hoping it’s just a fuse. Thanks can’t find anything in the manual though so aim hopeful Honest John members can help me out as you have been excellent in the past.
I’m in a bit of a race against time with it so a speedy response would be most welcome.
Thank you
Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - elekie&a/c doctor
The parking and number plate lights are not fused . They are electronically protected by the body control module. I would be looking at a possible wiring fault behind the bumper.
Oh goodness that sounds expensive! Is it a quick job at a garage?
Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - elekie&a/c doctor
Difficult to estimate how long a job . The lamp unit will need to be removed from the bumper to inspect and check what’s going on behind it .
Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - bathtub tom

The OP states they had a rust problem causing them to change the casing a couple of years ago. I wonder if it's an earthing fault?

Edited by bathtub tom on 07/06/2023 at 22:45

Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - sammy1

As you have done the job before best to re track yourself and get the whole light units out and check the wiring and corrosion Strange that both are not working If you go to an auto electrician only an hour or so labour Did you ask the MOT station for a price?

Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - Gibbo_Wirral

Definitely look into new bulb holders. Dirt and the blue accumulation on the copper contacts cause the same issue with mine.

They're dirt cheap on ebay

That’s exactly what we had to do discovering that there is one earth cable that goes from the back of the car to the tailgate and it’s split in the tailgate to both lights. This is why they were both not working as it was damaged on the single wire. The MOT just said bulbs out so it would have been an extra job once they had realised it wasn’t that.
Thank you, it was indeed an earthing/wire fault.
My husband ran a cable from the tailgate to the rear of the car as the wire was broken around the hinge of the tailgate. Last night we found power wasn’t getting to the bulbs hence thinking it was a non existent fuse!
Thank you all for your speedy responses as this helped immensely.
Last year I bought after manufacture license lamp holders as couldn’t get hold of the originals quickly enough. I noticed on the old ones they didn’t have a bulb covering so with all the water on the roads I’m not surprised there was rust causing the damage. These after manufacture ones have got covers so hopefully this won’t happen again. Hopefully this helps somebody else in the future.
Thanks again everyone.
Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - My Key

Hi , info for all readers about this number plate problem. in my case the cables had snapped in the hinge of the lower tailgate , the wiring is under a plastic cover held on by screws in the left side hinge (passenger side) , there is a connector at the rear of the rear passenger side wheel to check any continuity of circuits , to repair and gain access to the number plate bulbs I removed the rear plastic body panel ,5 screws under the rubber trim and 1 on either side on the panel , and on the bottom of the panel there are 5 clips to be lifted to rt totally remove , the lights are removed with a flat blade screwdriver. After access repair was easy.

Peugeot 3008 2010 - Rear numberplate light fuse location - Dennis Kelly
Hi, I have a problem with no power to the number plate lights, could you possibly post some photos to illustrate how to get access to the lights?
Thank you