The School Cat - sammy1

The school cat is no longer a mouse catcher, it has morphed into something that sits at a scool desk ( ignored spell check ) and gives the teacher a hard time A senior head has described the current situation in our scools as ""adult authority long gone"" This is probably only going on in relatively few schools but it does make you wonder what they are feeding them on in the school canteen. This country has lots of problems and most start at a very young age. It is time to exclude the few from our classrooms and let those who want to be educated get on with it. Society should not allow all these minority fractions young and OLD to dictate to the majority

The School Cat - gordonbennet

The pains mistakes and foibles of growing up are sometimes taken too literally, and there's a contingent of dubious people ready to interfere with the natural development of a growing child, sometimes long before they have gained their majority.

Thankfully Britain is shwoing signs of pulling back from the more hideous side of this, Tavistock clinic recently closing and i'm sure i read somewhere that puberty blockers and some other forms of mutilation were going to be banned for youngsters.

I'll be the first to cheer when they ban grown men dressed as women from prancing about in full drag reading stories to small children, i bet they don't have these performances at Muslim faith schools, they wouldn't stand for it and i don't blame them one bit.

secs education is one thing, at an appropriate age.

I'm worried where this will all end if some common sense doesn't soon start to make a reappearance, they're now relabelling those with *filthy predilictions* as minor attracted persons, shades of the days of PIE anyone?

** the correct word we all know is more than likely on the swear filter here

The School Cat - FP

Apparently the whole news story about a girl who self-identified as a cat is untrue. Simply, it didn't happen.

A conversation between some schoolgirls and a teacher was recorded, posted on TikTok, where it went viral and was then picked up by the right-wing press, after which it was given respectability by being repeated elsewhere and even (!) politicians accepted it without question.

The cat bit can be traced to a hypothetical situation posed in the conversation, using the words "how can you identify as a cat when you're a girl?"

A lesson to us all, especially on this website of late, about the need to avoid being naive when it comes to repeating or quoting news reports. Just because it's on the internet (social media, tabloid newspapers etc. etc.) doesn't make it true.

The School Cat - Andrew-T

A lesson to us all, especially on this website of late, about the need to avoid being naive when it comes to repeating or quoting news reports. Just because it's on the internet (social media, tabloid newspapers etc. etc.) doesn't make it true.

Quite possibly the opposite !

The School Cat - Bromptonaut

Surely anybody who has been in a classroom could tell that there was an issue here long before the recording started and that the teacher had already been wound up by two of the kids.

Account here seems plausible:

bylinetimes.com/2023/06/22/dead-cats-and-transphob.../

Kemi Badenoch meanwhile swallowed it whole and demanded OFSTED do an emergency inspection:

www.gov.uk/government/publications/letter-from-min...r

The School Cat - FP

"Kemi Badenoch meanwhile swallowed it whole and demanded OFSTED do an emergency inspection"

Yes, I noticed that. It doesn't look good. Fancied herself as a successor to Jonson at one point. May have a bit of an "anti-woke" agenda and got carried away.

The School Cat - gordonbennet

Thank goodness, so the kids didn't get told to go and find another school after all by one of their teachers.

Thank goodness, so the kids didn't get told to go and find another school after all by one of their teachers.

She lost her rag.

It shouldn't happen but kids push teachers to the limit.

Mrs B had a nightmare day yesterday at one on our county's rural comprehensives including a child who deliberately smashed her (plastic) drink bottle.

Guilsborough for those who know the locale.

Yes, I noticed that. It doesn't look good. Fancied herself as a successor to Jonson at one point. May have a bit of an "anti-woke" agenda and got carried away.

The bolded bit with extra flags.

The School Cat - mickyh7

Sorry, I tried to remove a link and got a bit stuck.

Unable to delete it, so I've bodged an edit!

Edited by mickyh7 on 11/07/2023 at 06:10

The School Cat - nick62

This reminds me of the time I had a date witn a girl who identified as a wheelie bin.

I couldn't remember if I was to take her out on Tuesday or Wednesday.