MG ZS EV - Accident Advice - Shane Walton

I was hoping to get some advice, had a minor collision after work and the lady was acting like it was my fault. I didnt even see it happen. It was clear when I move through the traffic and there was a knock, I thought Id clipped the curb to be honest but then I noticed her waving at me.

Below is the layout, and how it happened, My car was barely damaged, it literally wiped off and no scratches or anything.

I am trying to decide whether to push through insurance as I really cant see how its my fault.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Sorry I was having problems getting the image in the post, cant get it to show but here is a link

i.imgur.com/Lognp4A.jpg

Edited by Shane Walton on 28/06/2023 at 17:52

MG ZS EV - Accident Advice - bathtub tom

You don't say which car is yours in neither the photos or the diagram.

Mine is the MG ZS EV

MG ZS EV - Accident Advice - Andrew-T

I hope you took enough photos to disprove any false claims for third party damage, especially if your car is unmarked ?

I thought that as well because literally mine wiped clean, I didnt get too many photos as I was on my way to pick up my kids and it was busy and didnt want someone else hitting me on the side of the road.

MG ZS EV - Accident Advice - Brit_in_Germany

From those photos, it looks like she had pre-existing damage but from your sketch you would be lucky to escape with 50-50.

Could you elaborate, even though she essentially hit my rear?

MG ZS EV - Accident Advice - Adampr

Could you elaborate, even though she essentially hit my rear?

I might be reading the diagram wrong, but it looks like you've pulled out of a side road into moving traffic and been hit?

Sort off, my side of the road was stationary so they were letting cars through. I think she must have come of the roundabout just before at speed as it was clear when I pulled off.

I am trying to decide if I should put through insurance or not but I honestly dont know how it happened as it was clear. Her damage looks worse than what it should have been.

MG ZS EV - Accident Advice - bathtub tom

Sort off, my side of the road was stationary so they were letting cars through.

So you turneded out of a side road onto a major road, into the other car's path? I suspect you'll be held 100% to blame