Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - Radam87

Got a 18 plate 3008. Bought secondhand from dealership 2 years ago.

4 months ago had engine fault with Adblue. Fixed for £90 diagnostic with a software update.

Back in today with the fault which they said was due to sensor not picking up that we refilled the AdBlue. This time the diags was £50.

On the comments they said that they reset the electronics but if the problems come back a longer diagnostic session would be required.

The car has a couple of months warranty from the sale but every time they've suggested work at the service they've put it down to wear and tear e.g. rollbar need welding etc.

Any advice as I'm unsure they're getting to the bottom of the problem and it's costing me time and money to keep going to the dealership and be without the car all day.

Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - bathtub tom
The car has a couple of months warranty from the sale but every time they've suggested work at the service they've put it down to wear and tear e.g. rollbar need welding etc.

I presume you mean anti-roll bar, but even so it shouldn't need welding after five years!

Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - Andrew-T

<< I presume you mean anti-roll bar, but even so it shouldn't need welding after five years! >>

I don't like the idea of welding one anyhow !!

Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - RichardW

Back in today with the fault which they said was due to sensor not picking up that we refilled the AdBlue. This time the diags was £50.

If it's not registering the ad blue level then there's a high probability it needs a new Ad Blue tank assembly. These are ££££ so keep pushing back to get them to fix it under warranty!

Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - Lee Power

These AdBlue tanks are a known failure point, likely a pile of failed ones round the back of the dealership awaiting disposal.

Plenty of posts over on the Peugeot forum about these tank failures - normally the PCB inside the tank gets contaminated by the AdBlue fluid or the pump fails.

Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - elekie&a/c doctor
Interestingly, Peugeot have addressed the situation of the adblue tank problems, by introducing an part exchange programme. It’s now possible to buy just the electronic part of the tank without the complete tank assembly . Considerably cheaper.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 13/09/2023 at 08:59

Peugeot 3008 - AdBlue Fault Peugeot 3008 - JLavelle
Hi, I’m really interested in this reply as the pump has failed on our urea tank on our 2018 3008? Any idea if all Peugeot dealers offer this service? How much cheaper is it than the £1600 odd for the full tank replacement I’ve seen online?