Driving SORN car to pre-booked MOT but I cancelled - Fope

Hey all,

I have an electric car which is SORN with no MOT, and to tax it (which is £0) I need an MOT, hence I booked one and upon driving towards the garage, my range dropped significantly and I turned back home to recharge the car.

I'm aware that I am allowed to drive a SORN car to an MOT appointment. However, I have concerns about potential issues with ANPR cameras fines by post. I'm curious about the likelihood of successfully appealing any such fine. To clarify, while I did have a prebooked MOT appointment, I drove part of the way to the garage but ultimately did not reach the destination and instead returned home. What are my chances of a successful appeal in this situation?

Driving SORN car to pre-booked MOT but I cancelled - Brit_in_Germany

If it is checked, the information they will have is the car shown to be on the road and no pass or fail, therefore no test.

Driving SORN car to pre-booked MOT but I cancelled - Palcouk

An appeal - no chance

Driving SORN car to pre-booked MOT but I cancelled - Gibbo_Wirral

An appeal - no chance

Agree. You're going to need some pretty decent evidence to explain why you didn't find a closer MOT station to home, and why you didn't factor in the range drop - was the car fully charged before setting off?

Driving SORN car to pre-booked MOT but I cancelled - Bromptonaut

An appeal - no chance

Agree. You're going to need some pretty decent evidence to explain why you didn't find a closer MOT station to home, and why you didn't factor in the range drop - was the car fully charged before setting off?

I don't think you're really likely to be caught, ANPR or no ANPR, but if you are I think you're banged to rights!!

Driving SORN car to pre-booked MOT but I cancelled - Gibbo_Wirral

I wonder how many ANPR cameras actually work.