Ford fiesta - Rear lights out - OceanMan

Hey all, another addition to my interminable fiesta woes! My rear lights are out. The hazards and break lights work, but the regular rear ones just don't. As I write this I'm sat in a recovery truck on my way home (after waiting 6 hours ??) and I'm just wondering is it likely to be a fuse as the recovery guy says? He refused to look at the fuse box and just did a straight recovery without trying to fix it.

I'm hoping I can fix it myself before Monday as I won't be able to get to work otherwise. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ford fiesta - Rear lights out - elekie&a/c doctor

what age is this car ?

It's an 09 plate

Ford fiesta - Rear lights out - Ian D
Bad earth? I would also check it is not something simple like both bulbs blown.,,,
Waiting 6 hours, you must be with the RAC?!

Edited by Ian D on 08/12/2023 at 23:13

Rescuemycar. In the past they've been okay. I'm guessing the local agents were just really busy. Stuff happens I guess.

Side/parking lights not fused on these . Could be 2 bulbs out . Do the number plate lights work?

I'll go out and check. Brb.

Side/parking lights not fused on these . Could be 2 bulbs out . Do the number plate lights work?

No they don't!

If this is the first of the current model fiesta , there may be a fuse in the engine bay box . Fuse #22 will be a 15 amp blue .

It's not sadly! It think it's a mk 7 (reg na...09...ago)

If it’s got a fuse box in the engine bay , by the battery, then this is the model I’m referring to .
If this is the first of the current model fiesta , there may be a fuse in the engine bay box . Fuse #22 will be a 15 amp blue .

Spot on! Went to Halfords. Bought two fuses, dropped one in a puddle, then when I pulled my fuse out one of the prongs snapped off and stuck in the slot. I very cleverly dug it out with a pair of metal tweezers but still couldn't get the new fuse in. Halfords wouldn't look at it. Went to another local garage who fixed it without charge! So relieved that it's back on the road so I can keep driving it until something else goes wrong (probably by next Thursday if current trends are an indication)