Ford Fiesta Mark 7 (09 reg) - Ford Fiesta MK7 - engine won't start - Rudlin

Good Afternoon,

Can you help me determine the fault with my Fiesta, it seems ignition won't start the car:

youtu.be/Apswi6TYwiM

Battery tries to crank the engine but it just won't start. And after around 10 seconds of dash computer starts throwing up several errors: 'brake system fault', 'abs fault', etc.. I've certainly not seen anything like that before.

To add: car initially started briefly this morning, and stalled almost right away. It wouldn't start again.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Ford Fiesta Mark 7 (09 reg) - Ford Fiesta MK7 - engine won't start - elekie&a/c doctor
Are you sure the battery is up to scratch?
Hey,, not too sure. It seem play the music and all. I suspect it’s starter motor?
Ford Fiesta Mark 7 (09 reg) - Ford Fiesta MK7 - engine won't start - catsdad

A failing battery can have enough to operate low demand items like lights and audio but not have enough left for the starter.

I see. Is there any way to me to test and know for sure if it's battery or starter?

Ford Fiesta Mark 7 (09 reg) - Ford Fiesta MK7 - engine won't start - galileo

I see. Is there any way to me to test and know for sure if it's battery or starter?

When my battery was 14 years old it started the car as usual, but speedometer and rev counter showed impossible readings varying between 0 and 90 mph, O and 6000 rpm.

I drove it to a trusted battery supplier, the tested the battery, declared it to be failing and fitted a new one while I waited.

A dud starter would not crank for any length of time.

Thank you. I’m not well versed with these things, but I will see to a new battery.