Mazda 3 - Can't pay a fine - johnmazda

I started an earlier thread about this fine in the motoring section but as this a legal issue I'll put it up here as well.

I'm trying to pay this fine and go on here where they've told me to go to - www.lambeth.gov.uk/payments and enter my PCN reference number but it's not working! It says the PCN is not recognised...

The reference number starts with two letters, then 7 numbers and then another letter at the end. So 10 characters in total.

To be clear this is the right page - www.lambeth.gov.uk/make-payment/penalty-notices-fi...s

Also when I ring up the phoneline - 0333 800 5005 to pay, the automated AI comes on, and asks me to enter the number, it says it's not recognised either!

I try this website enter my details - pcnevidence.lambeth.gov.uk/pcnonline/index.php

and it says this service is not currently available!

I'm assuming there's a typo on the PCN that they've made which is why it's coming up? It's been three days since they've sent me the letter so I have time.

A quick search of lambeth council on Google reviews says all you need to know - 1 star reviews from everyone! I mean what am I meant to do here!? I live near the town Hall where the council is so I can go in on Monday to sort this out (although the fines themselves are issued from Darlington).

Edited by johnmazda on 10/02/2024 at 18:49

Mazda 3 - Can't pay a fine - Adampr

Obvious question, but I presume it's definitely not a TfL fine? Otherwise, yes, they normally have a desk where you can pay or appeal fines.

Obvious question, but I presume it's definitely not a TfL fine? Otherwise, yes, they normally have a desk where you can pay or appeal fines.

Yes definitely not a TfL one, it's from lambeth parking as this was in Clapham.

Mazda 3 - Can't pay a fine - Palcouk

The PCN# is not validated on the web site or on the phone, and as such the notice is not valid

The PCN# is not validated on the web site or on the phone, and as such the notice is not valid

Well that's what I'm thinking / hoping. They can't expect me to pay it if I can't literally pay it because the number is not recognised. But I need official confirmation.

Mazda 3 - Can't pay a fine - Bromptonaut

I'd suggest you give them a call tomorrow when the offices are open and seek advice.

Much as I'd like to say they've messed up and you can ignore it I suspect that will end in tears.

I'd suggest you give them a call tomorrow when the offices are open and seek advice.

Much as I'd like to say they've messed up and you can ignore it I suspect that will end in tears.

Oh yes I'm intending to pay, I don't want this hanging, that's why I'm annoyed.