Renault Scenic XMOD - Renault scenic xmod start up issues - Mr David Sutcliffe

I have a 2013 Renault scenic xmod expression+ 1.5dci which has starting issues but we can not figure out the cause. How can I attach a video here to show issues?

Put the card in. Wait for checks to complete. Press clutch and start. Engine seems to be firing up but doesn't start. Takes 5-6 attempts. Only happens first start of the day then starts fine rest of the day. No engine light to check diagnostic. Garage said battery and glow plugs all fine.

Edited by Mr David Sutcliffe on 11/02/2024 at 18:40

Renault Scenic XMOD - Renault scenic xmod start up issues - elekie&a/c doctor
The engine check light will only really illuminate if the system detects a fault outside its normal working parameters. You need to get the system checked looking at actual live data . For example, engine coolant temperature could be out of range . The engine computer won’t know that . Has the fuel filter been replaced recently?

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 11/02/2024 at 20:06

Has the fuel filter been replaced recently?

Not that I'm aware of. Service book only shows timings belt kit change at last service (last month)

Today it didn't start. Tried around ten times. Waited till it warmed up a little and tried again. This time I got a flashing 'stop - breaking system failure ' then the screen started going black and now it doesn't even turn over.

Renault Scenic XMOD - Renault scenic xmod start up issues - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like the battery is goosed. Have you had it tested ?