Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - GeorginaH
Hi, can anyone translate an invoice. My engine failed under warranty and it remained with a Land Rover dealership for almost 4 months whilst they waited for the new engine. I collected it on Friday and when I looked at the invoice it says Engine - stripped, quantity 1. Total invoice £14495.22. Does this mean the engine has been replaced with a new one as I was told? There are other items mainly gaskets (turbocharge), pipes fuel-injection, O- Rings and water pump. I have asked for clarification but had no response as yet. Can any with more knowledge than me confirm this was in-fact a new engine? Thanks
Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - pd

I'd imagine it was a new engine but they are usually "bare"

That means the turbo, alternator, pumps etc and other parts attached to the old engine are stripped off and attached to the new one.

So you might have a new engine but possibly not any new ancillaries etc.

Thank you. Will there be a new engine number if it is a bare engine or does it remain the same and not require a dvla update. The word ‘stripped’ threw me hence the question.
Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - pd

The engine number is usually stamped on the block so should have a new number.

The engine number is usually stamped on the block so should have a new number.

I’ll have a look - thank you.
Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - primus 1

I had a new engine fitted in my three year Old Ford puma, I queried about having to inform dvla ect but was told I didn’t have to tell anyone, I just assumed that as it was all done through the dealership and ford, they could go through their records and issue the original vin stamped on the engine..direct from the factory…

Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - SLO76

I had a new engine fitted in my three year Old Ford puma, I queried about having to inform dvla ect but was told I didn’t have to tell anyone, I just assumed that as it was all done through the dealership and ford, they could go through their records and issue the original vin stamped on the engine..direct from the factory…

Was it a 1.0 Ecoboost? What was the cars year of registration?
Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - primus 1

It was a 2020 reg, yes ecoboost engine but it didn’t have any catastrophic failure just a weird noise that they couldn’t get parts for anytime soon…

Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
It’s unlikely you’ll find the new engine number without removing some parts. I don’t think I’d bother. Can’t see the car being collectable in 30 years time where enthusiasts want confirmation of matching engine / gearbox numbers.
Discovery 5 - Land Rover engine replacement - Adampr

In one way, it doesn't matter. If the car is now working correctly and is in your hands, sell it immediately. LRs are money pits and horrible unreliable.