Citroen Berlingo 2016 - Aftermarket clutch slave cylinder - Dave N

Looking for new slave cylinder to try and eliminate possible problem with notchy clutch pedal. It's quite possible it's not the slave, but it's the easiest/cheapest place to start.

But looking on Autodoc, there are a ton of aftermarket suppliers - some well know brands, many unknown. I doubt very much all of them, possibly none of them, actually manufacture the part. So how do I know which is actually the original brand, so I'm not replacing a possibly perfect original with a possible poor replacement? Parts listed are: Ridex, FTE, Valeo, Sachs, NTY, TRW, Febi, ABS, Samko, Brembo, Delphi, Ferodo, Cifam. Probably only one or two companies actually make the original part, and probably one one or two make all the off brands.

Edited by Dave N on 22/02/2024 at 09:04

Citroen Berlingo 2016 - Aftermarket clutch slave cylinder - Andrew-T

Valeo have been an OEM supplier to PSA for decades, they may even be part of the empire. All the others - no idea.

Edited by Andrew-T on 22/02/2024 at 09:17

Citroen Berlingo 2016 - Aftermarket clutch slave cylinder - elekie&a/c doctor
Genuine Peugeot/ Citroen part about £40 .

Thanks. They're about 22 quid aftermarket, so easier to go with genuine, especially as there are a couple of different part numbers.

Valeo have been an OEM supplier to PSA for decades, they may even be part of the empire. All the others - no idea.

That's what I figured, as most of the stuff on it is Valeo. Just curious about the rest. lol.

Citroen Berlingo 2016 - Aftermarket clutch slave cylinder - alan1302

Other than being French they aren't related.