MG ZS (1.00Ltr) (Exclusive) (2024) - MG ZS Cruise Control Fault - David Piotrowski

I have just purchased a brand new MG ZS and the cruise control functionality is inconsistent, when using the lever to accelerate or de accelerate via the one mph increments. Sometimes it misses and you have to activate the lever again, sometimes it doesn’t work at all and sometimes it just jams the whole system up, meaning you have to turn it off and back on again to regain its activity.

The jamming up occurs, during deceleration when the speed reaches a figure that contains a 7 or a 2 in it, very strange and annoying. For example, if you decelerate from 40mph to 35mph using the 1mph increments it will jam at 37mph. If you decelerate from 35mph to 30mph using the 1mph increments, it will jam at 32mph. This happens in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s etc…..

Has anyone else experiencing the same problem?

The car has gone back to the dealer once and I got the usual response “we can’t locate the fault”, the car is due to go back to the dealer again, the fault is so obvious it’s ridiculous they can’t find it. I read on this forum (different thread) that MG are aware of the problem but can’t or won’t fix it.

As I said, very very frustrating and annoying :-(

MG ZS (1.00Ltr) (Exclusive) (2024) - MG ZS Cruise Control Fault - RT

MG are getting an unenviable reputation for faults which can't be fixed - obviously carrying the brand's BL heritage too far.

MG ZS (1.00Ltr) (Exclusive) (2024) - MG ZS Cruise Control Fault - Red Baron

Could you ask what the dealer has done to investigate the fault? Software updates? Check with their fault code reader? Did they take it for a drive and try to replicate the fault? Perhaps you need to do this with a technician onboard so you can demonstrate the issue.

Sounds software or connectivity related. Maybe mph and km/h are getting mixed up from time to time. Does the ± button move the speed by a different amount depending on how firmly or long you press it.?

MG ZS (1.00Ltr) (Exclusive) (2024) - MG ZS Cruise Control Fault - bathtub tom

ISTR I've seen this fault mentioned before, but can't find it now. I think it was down to the speedo converting KPH to MPH. Perhaps some googling by the OP?

MG ZS (1.00Ltr) (Exclusive) (2024) - MG ZS Cruise Control Fault - David Piotrowski

Thanks for the responses, I have sent three videos to the dealer that clearly define the problem, the car is scheduled to go back to the dealer on Monday, it will be interesting how they react.

The main purpose of my post is to learn if this is a common fault that other owners of the ZS are experiencing and if so what responses are others receiving from MG dealers.

MG ZS (1.00Ltr) (Exclusive) (2024) - MG ZS Cruise Control Fault - Daniellew
Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. My car has currently been on the garage for over 3 weeks and still they have not sorted it. Have you had yours fixed?