Maserati Ghibli - Misleading or what Warranty Activation before rege - Gilbert Wright Hamblett

Hello all.

Saw the car advertised as a 23 Model later confirmed as first registered 22 Sept 2023.

Bought the car and on reading through various documents I find the Warranty card is stamped and dated 13 August 2022 for a P.D.C. " pre delivery check " I naturally assumed that this was when the Warranty was activated. Suddenly I have lost a lot of the Manufactures Warrenty. On raising this with dealer he claims Warranty was not activated on that date but was actually activated on 01 Jan 2023. Still a loss of warrenty.

In his defence her refers me to an email fallowing up my request for Warranty and Service information in which it states the warranty " culminates " on 1st Jan 2026 my defence here while a bit tenuous was that having already worked out a date from Sept 23 when seeing the 2026 reference my small brain assumed the rest matched my figure and did miss the discrepency.

He also claims that Warranty activation ahead of Regestration is a regular practice in the trade.

As background. The car was the dealers demo, and as I said first registered on Sept 23. This I knew when I bought the car. The leangh of the warrent as I had calculated it was also one of the reasons I bought the car.

Look forward to people's general view on this not just the legal implications as I doubt there are any or the dealer would have offered some deal on the warranty. Or maybe I'm just being unrealistic.

Maserati Ghibli - Misleading or what Warranty Activation before rege - leaseman

I think that the email confirming the end date of the manufacturer's warranty would provide the dealer with ample defence against a mis-selling claim.

Try to negotiate with them, but you have little chance of a legal claim.

Maserati Ghibli - Misleading or what Warranty Activation before rege - Brit_in_Germany

This was posted in the motoring discussion section a week ago, albeit with different information.

Maserati Ghibli - Misleading or what Warranty Activation before rege - elekie&a/c doctor
perhaps the OP was expecting different answers. If I was spending nearly £100 k on a car , I’d want to make sure all the documents were in order .