Fiat Punto Classic - Unknown plastic piece found driver side - Daniele Spider

Hello everyone, today I found the piece of plastic you see in the pictures in my car, a Fiat Punto Classic from 2007. Its size is similar to a coin. I have no clue of what it could be, and I don't even know if it actually comes from the car.

What do you think? What could it be? I found on the floor of the driver side, so perhaps it eventually could be something coming from the seats, but I'm not sure... as I said before I don't even know if that thing comes from the car.

I hope you can help me, I'm kinda worried it's something that comes from the car.

Here're the pictures.

ibb.co/xjDMmWT

ibb.co/44tLQMB

ibb.co/Y0CYMCj

ibb.co/dB5HKxN

Fiat Punto Classic - Unknown plastic piece found driver side - Andrew-T

Looks quite likely that it may be part of the seat, or the bits that detect a presence on the seat. I doubt that having fallen off it will cause a problem though. Have a look under the passenger seat for something similar.

Fiat Punto Classic - Unknown plastic piece found driver side - bathtub tom

I'd suspect it's a clip for holding fabric to the seat frame. Are you able to tip the seat, or look underneath with a mirror to see if there's any others?

I'd suspect it's a clip for holding fabric to the seat frame. Are you able to tip the seat, or look underneath with a mirror to see if there's any others?

I can't tip the seat, but I looked underneath with the camera and it looks like nothing similar is under the passenger side nor the driver side. I'm sharing the video with you so you can notice something I eventually missed.

Looks quite likely that it may be part of the seat, or the bits that detect a presence on the seat. I doubt that having fallen off it will cause a problem though. Have a look under the passenger seat for something similar.

I looked under the passenger seat and I didn't find anything similar. Plus, my car doesn't have such a "detecting a presence" feature, so it's unlikely that the piece of plastic is one of those bits.

Fiat Punto Classic - Unknown plastic piece found driver side - Andrew-T

<< .... my car doesn't have such a "detecting a presence" feature, so it's unlikely that the piece of plastic is one of those bits. >>

If your car is able to remind you to 'buckle up' it will be able to detect a presence. I'm rather surprised if it can't - my 207SW is of about the same age, and occasionally complains about a bag of heavy shopping on the passenger seat ....

Here's the video of the seats from underneath:

gemoo.com/tools/upload-video/share/636249238440558...8

However, I searched with Google Lens from the pictures of that thing and I found this thing, which is called "plastic stopper for garment", and it looks very similar to my piece of plastic from the pictures. Here's the picture of that "plastic stopper for garment":

ibb.co/KN5FYqs

What do you guys think? Should I still worry about that piece of plastic coming from somewhere in my car or is it an external thing?

Fiat Punto Classic - Unknown plastic piece found driver side - elekie&a/c doctor
I would think it’s nothing to do with the car . I’ve taken loads of cars apart in my lifetime and never seen anything like this.
I would think it’s nothing to do with the car . I’ve taken loads of cars apart in my lifetime and never seen anything like this.

Oh, I'm so glad to read that. This can confirm that plastic thing is actually a "plastic stopper for garment".

Thank you guys for your opinions and help!