Renault Clio - TPW Not Available error message with new tyre - littleonexo
Hi there, I just had the misfortune of blowing a tyre on a pot hole at 2am. RAC quoted up to 4 hours just to tow me home, so after the tyre repair kit failed, I got a 24 hour mobile tyre replacement service out.

After replacement the tyre pressure warning wouldn’t go away, and eventually on the way home this changed to “TPW NOT AVAILABLE”. It was only after resetting the tyre pressure as “ok” that I realised this message means the car thinks I have a spare wheel on, which I don’t. The PSI was set to 32 when it should have been 33 (which I didn’t realise at the time) - could that be the cause?

The car drove home fine but just a bit worried now (but equally reluctant to shed out anymore than the £300 already lost - wish me luck with my council pot hole claim!!)

TIA.

P.S. please be kind if I’m being stupid - not a pleasant experience for a lone female in the middle of the night in the pouring rain!

Edited by littleonexo on 28/04/2024 at 03:57

Renault Clio - TPW Not Available error message with new tyre - Dave N
They probably broke the sensor when changing the tyre. Have a tyre place check for signal, and replace as necessary.
Renault Clio - TPW Not Available error message with new tyre - Andrew-T
The PSI was set to 32 when it should have been 33 (which I didn’t realise at the time) - could that be the cause?

I've no experience of TPW systems (and don't really want any as I check my tyre pressures) but I would hope that they are not so fussy as to complain about a variation of 1psi. Their main purpose is to warn when a tyre loses pressure suddenly - tho they should also show up slow punctures of course.

Renault Clio - TPW Not Available error message with new tyre - littleonexo
Mystery solved (hopefully) - went out to check the tyres in daylight and realised he’s fit a 40 instead of a 45. Luckily the paperwork reflected the correct size so hoping to get replaced today.
Renault Clio - TPW Not Available error message with new tyre - elekie&a/c doctor
Don’t think that’s going to fix the problem. As already suggested, tpms valve is likely to have been damaged, either by the blow out or the tyre fitter .