Ford Fusion - Alarm problem - rustonboy

Please does anyone know how to permanently disable the alarm on my trusty but rather aged Ford Fusion? It's a 2003 model, petrol, manual, 1600. The alarm and warning lights have gone off with increasing regularity for no apparent reason over the last 6 months. We lost the remote keyfob some years ago, so now depend exclusively on the manual key. Until now, the problem seemed to be resolved by unlocking the car manually with the remaining key we have. However, this did not work today, and the alarm went off again and again, so I had to disconnect the battery. With the noise removed I could think to find the fuse panel behind the glove box. I found that the alarm horn could be stopped by removing fuse 24, but this might have other consequences. Maybe I could simply disconnect the alarm horn if it is not too inaccessible? Removing fuse 25 to stop the indicators flashing is obviously not advisable because the indicators are then inoperable. So I am hoping the clever and kind folks on Honest John might be able to help me out once again :-)

Ford Fusion - Alarm problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Fuse 24 controls the alarm horn and central locking system . You could leave it out if not bothered with the locking system . Think the alarm horn is up by the wiper mechanism. Easy to disconnect.
Ford Fusion - Alarm problem - rustonboy

Many thanks for that reassurance - happy to live without central locking - old enough to think of it as a luxury :-) Will try to locate alarm horn and disconnect that though. Thanks again!