Dayco Timing Belt Kits - Chris M
Any opinions on Dayco products?

My local motor factor stocks them and they don't usually sell rubbish.
Dayco Timing Belt Kits - RichardW
Dayco are OE suppliers to PSA, and their timing belt interval on the HDi is 100k. Nuff said?
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Dayco Timing Belt Kits - yorkiebar
Agree, good quality stuff.

Actually i don't know of many (struggling for any but will be reminded) poor quality timing belt kits.

Very few are made by the aftermarket people selling them, they are made by a few companies and relabelled.

Makes that spring to mind are Continental, Gates, Dayco, Goodyear. Struggling after that! But most likely names you will see are QH, SKF, Veco, Masterparts etc etc. Not up to date on who makes for who etc but they are relabelled.
Dayco Timing Belt Kits - 659FBE
Dayco timing belts are amongst the best. They pioneered the extra small slot in the tooth apex which allows for extra flexibility when a belt is fitted to a poorly engineered drive with too few teeth on the crank wheel.

As the header is "Timing belt kits" I can't comment on the rest of it as Dayco don't to my knowledge, make the rolling components. The best tensioners and idlers I have tested are made by INA and SKF - provided the engine maker has not specified plastic faced wheels and provided the bearings are sealed and not just shielded.

Thanks for all the positive replies.

The idlers in my kit are INA - again, I've never heard of them. I have heard of SKF though. I can't see the name on the tensioner, but as the rest of the kit gets the thumbs up, I'll have to trust that Dayco haven't scrimped there.
Dayco Timing Belt Kits - jc2
Just remember that,from any manufacturer,OE and service kits may not contain the same level of components.
Dayco Timing Belt Kits - DP
The best tensioners and idlers
I have tested are made by INA and SKF -

If you buy an SKF kit, you get SKF tensioners and Gates belts. A reassuring combination. Both our Fords are currently wearing these kits.

Cheers
DP
Dayco Timing Belt Kits - Baz

A few years ago we purchased an INA timing belt kit for our Ford transit connect van. This was purchased from a seller on Ebay. I have fitted belts to the connect several times including a wet belt. After a couple of weeks we had a problem with the engine knocking and upon investigation found that the belt tensioner had failed. The seller refused to compensate us for a destroyed engine which resulted us putting it in the hands of the courts. Unfortunatly the time taken for the case to be heard we were not reminded to pay the court fee near the date and was unable to proceed. The point being is that we will never buy INA kits again, however I did suspect that the seller had put a cheap tensioner in the kit to make more money.

It is always a worry when buying timing belt kits and you do need the back up of a reputable seller should things go wrong. The van had to be sold as is, and we lost a b***** good van due to what happened. Never again.

Dayco Timing Belt Kits - Andrew-T

More than 16 years later - wow !!

Dayco Timing Belt Kits - John F

.....'agree, good quality stuff'

Ho hum! So were 'pioneering' Dayco's crumbly belts responsible for all those PSA puretech engine failures?

garagewire.co.uk/news/technical/dayco-issues-belt-.../

Dayco Timing Belt Kits - gordonbennet

.....'agree, good quality stuff'

Ho hum! So were 'pioneering' Dayco's crumbly belts responsible for all those PSA puretech engine failures?

garagewire.co.uk/news/technical/dayco-issues-belt-.../

A big thankyou for that link John F, if anyone was in any doubt as to the wsdom of avoding any engine with a belt in oil that atricle should have confirmed an extra long barge pole should be used.

The list of things to check if the belt exceeds 'swelling limit' reminds one of the list of actions to be taken after yet another 1.6 Diesel of Doom has consumed a turbocharger.

The belt should be fine as long as the recommended checks are carried out annually or 12,500 - 16,000 miles.

- Visual inspection

- Measure width

- Drop the sump

- Check oil pump strainer

- Check vacuum pump strainer

- Check turbo oil feed banjo

- Check oil pump solenoid valve

- Check variable valve timing solenoids

- Check for debris in oil ways having removed camshaft solenoids

I doubt the main dealer annual service includes any of these other than the top two and I doubt the £99 full service 'special' from the local fast fit place covers any of them.

Dayco Timing Belt Kits - Oli rag

After reading the checklist, they’re hardly fit and forget!

Dayco Timing Belt Kits - paul 1963

Not quite sure what your last post meant John F if I'm honest?

The post was in two parts, typed in what I hoped was comprehensible English. The first part was a question. The second part was a link to what I thought might be an informative and helpful article for anyone who, like me, has one of the millions of PSA 1.2 puretech engines in their car.

The post was in two parts, typed in what I hoped was comprehensible English. The first part was a question. The second part was a link to what I thought might be an informative and helpful article for anyone who, like me, has one of the millions of PSA 1.2 puretech engines in their car.

.....and here's another article which suggests that it was indeed Dayco's belts which were not up to the job. It would be interesting to have a technical description of the problem and how it has (presumably) been resolved.

bnnbreaking.com/world/france/unraveling-the-flaws-...s

I have read that another manufacturer, Continental, has produced what they claim to be a more durable belt for BIO engines. I wonder if PSA are now using theirs?

Dayco Timing Belt Kits - focussed

"The point being is that we will never buy INA kits again"

INA bearings are the pioneer of needle roller bearing technology, I used them in industry going back 50 years ago, back then they were the only needle bearing manufacturer of note.

More than possible that the kit you had contained counterfeit INA bearings - it's rife at the moment, SKF suffer from it as well.

On another type of part, NGK fake spark plugs are all over the cheap side of the internet like flea bay.

www.ngkntk.com/newsroom/blog/emea/fake-or-not/

www.schaeffler.us/us/products-and-solutions/brand-.../