Spring in the air..... - Pugugly
Sure is - Got up to an achingly beautiful morning - daylight at 7.30am, birds singing - cold but hey, despite the forecast its on its way, thoughts turned at lunchtime to sorting my garage out including the two bikes.......still cold with a foot of snow on the way but, but its on its way.

Anyone doing the Dragon Rally....15th of February ?
Spring in the air..... - Harleyman
Great minds think alike but I'll stick to sorting the garage out thanks.

According to a thread on my bike club's forum tickets for the Dragon have long since sold out; good to see that the idiot Brunstrom doesn't ruin everything for bikers in that part of the world.
We were in Beddgelert a year ago - cracking weather and huge number of bikes (including two Fizzies) I think I updloaded the photos last year. I have a ticket, bought on a whim - I won;t go though too much work stuff. So much for a pipe and slippers 2009 !
Spring in the air..... - 1400ted
Sure was nice yesterday...there was a sort of 'Springlike smell' in the air. The birds here were up early and coughing in the trees. I spent day in garage too, fitting new doors but looking wistfully at the bike. Booked in for MOT next week.
Two events up here in Northwest coming up...Wirral Egg Run at Easter but decided not to go for first time in years. Too many bikes, took about 40mins to do first half mile last year and it was a killer on the arms at that pace. A better run for us is the 'Big Breakfast' at Prees, Shropshire. Last year there was snow on the A49 and going was a bit hairy but coming back was great. I don't know the dates yet but will post when I do.
Ted
Spring in the air..... - gmac
Spring is in the air...are you sure ? -5 on Friday morning when I rode in to work. 2 hours to thaw out and have the exiting prospect of a 30 mile ride to Düsseldorf in the morning when the snow is supposed to have hit...still, better than a metal coffin eh !
Spring in the air..... - martint123
I keep my eyes open on the gate to the nuerburgring to check the weather over there and spot exotica on test when it's fine.

Sunny and snow at the moment nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg
Spring in the air..... - craig-pd130

I was thinking of a ride yesterday but when I went to the garage it was WAY too cold for fun. So did a bit of tinkering instead.
Cancel the first part of my last post....spring cancelled for now !
Ted
Oh its there if you look - budding shoots in the garden. The only green shoots we're likely to see !
Spring in the air..... - gmac
Bike had to come out this morning.
Back to office commute, yesterday was the first day and fifty minutes for 18 miles in the car made my mind up.
Twenty-five minutes this morning including a stop to fill up and faff about putting my gloves back on and gettng the cuff seal right.

German police are getting pretty sneaky with their radar traps. Silver VW parked at the side of the road, normal looking car, back window full of camera equipment. 40+tonne artic travelling opposite direction half a mile or so before the car with headlights flashing was the give away :)
Yes, you're right, Pug, noticed the winter flowering pansies are just starting to bloom.
Not a trace of snow here now, brilliant sun all day but massive wind chill. Glad the snow's gone, Bike MOT Friday afto.
Ted
Lovely day here today, no snow. Brilght sunshine. Took the Silverwing for it's MOT, which it passed without even an advisory. Only £20 too. Went on from there down to Delamere Forest where I had a very nice lunch at the station cafe. Was trying out the 'Laminar Lips' recently fitted to the top of the screen and the sides of the fairing.
They work just fine, meaning I can ride comfortably without a visor....even better when it's warmer ! Kept under 80 on the M56 but it should have given her a good clearout.
Ted