Crash Helmets and Trikes - ndbw
Have finally given up two wheels at 85 and purchased a Tippi Trike its only 49cc but will get me about locally,I was under the immpresion that it was not a requirement to wear a crash helmet however a friend says he thinks the two rear wheels have to be a certain distance apart for this to apply,I cannot find anything on the DVLA website,is there anyone who can put me right on this.

ndbw
Crash Helmets and Trikes - Dynamic Dave
A quick google:

www.trikeshop.co.uk/trike_law.htm

4. Protective Headgear.

B26.04

(3) In this regulation "motorbicycle "means a two wheeled motorcycle, whether or not having a sidecar attached, and for the purposes of this definition where the distance measured between the areas of contact with the road surface of any two wheels of a motorcycle is less than 460mm those wheels shall be counted as one wheel.

EDIT - found another link: www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/19981807.htm

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/03/2009 at 21:17

Thanks for that dynamic dave,I shall be OK without helmet,had bought an MP3 with the twin wheels at the front it would need a helmet I looked at these but they were too heavy for me to push in and ut of garage,this Tippi even has a reverse.

Thanks again regards ndbw
Crash Helmets and Trikes - Harleyman
Just given up TWO wheels at age 85?

Chapeau! May you enjoy many years from your new toy!
Thanks for that Harleyman,I do wear a high vis waistcoat one gets careful as one grows older.

Cheers ndbw