MotoGP - BorisTheSpider
It's finally arrived, come one, come all to the greatest show on Earth - maybe.

We've had qualifying, which finished about tens minutes ago.

SPOLIER ALERT,
If you don't want to know the qualifying positions, don't read the next post!

Boris
MotoGP - BorisTheSpider
1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 55.286 sec

2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 55.759 sec

3. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 55.783 sec

4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 55.977 sec

5. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 56.149 sec

6. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 56.194 sec

7. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1min 56.358 sec

8. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 56.493 sec

9. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 56.790 sec

10. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1min 56.852 sec

11. Marco Melandri ITA Hayate Racing Team 1min 56.962 sec

12. Toni Elias SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 57.225 sec

13. James Toseland GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 57.510 sec

14. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 57.729 sec

15. Sete Gibernau SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 1min 57.899 sec

16. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 58.215 sec

17. Yuki Takahashi JPN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 1min 58.784 sec

18. Niccolo Canepa ITA Pramac Racing 1min 58.999 sec

Hayden had a rather nasty highside at the end of the start finish straight, taken to medical centre but was up and moving so hopefully will be riding tomorrow night at 20:45.

Boris
MotoGP - BorisTheSpider
Well were off to a flying start, the first GP has been cancelled, ok possibly postponed is slightly closer to the truth, due to rain.

Who's bright idea was it to schedule racing during the night, where even a small amount of rain stops a race, due to the power of the lighting so it's like riding into the sun no matter what direction you?re travelling! Genius!

According to Motogp.com it may be rescheduled for 19:00 GMT tomorrow, whether or not the schedulers will let us see it is another matter.

Slightly disgruntled

Boris
MotoGP - martint123
Bit of a farce all round. I understand Eurosport are doing at least a live commentary.
motogp.com say they are doing a live internet broadcast, but that is a subscription service.
The normal listings never seem to get updated when things like this happen, especially on a bank holiday. I guess the only way is to scan the channels for announcements.
MotoGP - john farrar
According to the BBC website it'll be shown tonight (Monday) on the "red button" at 18.45BST.

Rossi was only a tenth of a second slower than Stoner during yesterday's warm up.
Let's hope we get a great race, with Rossi winning by a couple of hundreths.
MotoGP - BorisTheSpider
Well I'm glad that I'm not the only commenter on this thread.

Good news guys Eurosport 2 are showing the race tonight at 18:45 so at least we can have some decent commentators to go with some hopefully exciting racing.

Now all I have to do is get control of the NTL remote.

Boris
MotoGP - martint123
I might try an experiment - just like the old cricket days.

Video on BBC and Audio from Eurosport. No adverts and no boring commentators.
MotoGP - john farrar
I've just watched a very boring race with an awful commentary on the BBC"red button". Let's hope the next race is better.
I wonder why the BBC employs an ex-car racer, who makes continual inane comments, to commentate on the World's premier bike racing series. Pity I couldn't get the Eurosport sound feed.
MotoGP - BorisTheSpider
Some close racing, pity the cameras weren?t following it. I think the 125's, 250's maybe the only good bits now as the GP grid is getting a little too small, top 15 get points out of 17 finishers, was the grid bigger in the 500 days? I'm sure there were a load more privateer teams but it could just be the new rose tinted glasses from specsavers.
MotoGP - Robin Reliant
I think it has the same problem as F1, it is just too expensive to attract large fields. Kawasaki have decided that the benefits are outweighed by the cost after enthusiastically coming back into the sport when it went four stroke.

On the subject of this GP, night racing must be the most stupid idea ever thought of. They can't run in the rain because of the glare from the floodlights on the track and it makes the circuit seem like something out of a featureless video game.
MotoGP - martint123
Am I remembering correctly? Were there no adverts during the whole race on Eurosport??