Apparant political incorrectness when riding. - Pugugly
Blast home this morning after the GS went for a Service - 80 miles along a ual carriageway, not that interesting but still better than a car. I found myself singing (tunelessly) Beethoven's 9th Symphony Choral "Ode to Joy" which summed up my mood. Don't let on to the car lot in DIscussion or they'll condemn my soul.
Apparant political incorrectness when riding. - Waino
I know what you mean, Pug. ISTR bowling along loudly humming 'Ode to Joy' accompanied by the bum-numbing thrum of the old T21. This was about the time that 'A Clockwork Orange' was first released.
Just done the maths - I was averaging 75 mph !
Apparant political incorrectness when riding. - Westpig
did it include roundabouts?
Apparant political incorrectness when riding. - Westpig
Oh, sorry, I forgot the ' you do not have to say anything'...etc
Apparant political incorrectness when riding. - 1400ted
Well, there you go, Pug !
Came back from Much Wenlock on the Silverwing happily singing to myself various bits from Mahler's Lied von der Erde and Don Bilston's railway songs !
Lovely run, full english at the Midway at Prees and then onto the M6 at Sandbach to try and miss the rain. Was somewhat above your average by about 15 mph to Knutsford. Hope WP's logged off now ! Still being overtaken in the light rain by every Audi in the world !
Saw a few bikers near Llandovery on Saturday giving us all a bad name. One overtook us at some speed in a 40 zone, big fat back tyre and a number plate the size of a playing card...jeans and trainers....showing off.
Then, heading east down a sharply winding valley with no visibility round the bends...a group of 3 sports bikers came round a sharp left hander towards us almost horizontal..their knees must have been sore ! Very experienced, I'm sure, but if there had been anything from a patch of gravel to a broken down truck round a bend, they could have wiped out half a dozen of us ! 60 limit....we reckoned they were doing 80 to 90...one of our group is a Bike cop in the area.

PS...I hope you were belting out the Beethoven in German...I was, I don't know the English !

Ted
Edit Can't sing the ' Abschied ' part very well, Kathleen Ferrier did it rather better, I feel !

Edited by 1400ted on 29/09/2009 at 00:20

Two roundabouts :-
Apparant political incorrectness when riding. - drbe
Beethoven's 9th Symphony Choral "Ode to Joy" which summed up my mood. Don't
let on to the car lot in DIscussion or they'll condemn my soul.

>>

When Tony is made President of Europe and the EU adopts 'Ode to Joy' as its anthem, it will then be compulsory to sing it all the time!

I kid you not!