any - Co2 emissions for bikes - conman

Hi all as it is time to renew my road tax on my car and bike I cannot understand my car tax is £30 and my bike is £74. My car is a fiesta 1.4 diesel 50-60 mpg and my bike is Triumph America 865cc that also does 55-65mpg. Does anyone know the Co2 outputs of bikes.and surely if road tax was all about being green. The road tax for bikes would be lower????

any - Co2 emissions for bikes - martint123

I think that to "Government", bikes are recreational vehicles and thus taxed to the hilt.

any - Co2 emissions for bikes - craig-pd130

I'm glad there's no emissions testing on my 70s 2-stroke triple ... the unburnt fuel & oil would send the readings off the chart in 3 seconds flat :-D

Hi I can now answer my own question. Reading my new V5 it states that the co2 is 84 grms.See my update letter to DVLA.

I have had a reply back from DVLA which suprise suprise had nothing to do with the question I asked. Who do they employ at these places, that cannot understand a question. Oh and to help the gov's green policy the cost of road tax on motorbikes rises in April, bet you didn't hear that in the budget.

I have replied

'This was not the question I asked. I asked why is my motorcycle's vehicle's tax £74, sorry £76 from April for 84 grms. Co2, when my cars is £30 for a Co2 reading of 119 grms, my car was registered in 2003 and my bike 2010. So both fall into the New Co2 rating system and to say that motorcycles are leisure vehicles in today's world of fuel pricing is ridiculous. The above example goes against the governments Green taxes. If the tax was based on Co2 emissions then motorcycle manufacturers would improved MPG.

G Connolly

any - Co2 emissions for bikes - jodibecks
great! Thanks for this one.