Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - expatsFL

We are coming back to the Uk soon and will be wanting to buy a big bike when "home". I had a Trumpet trophy 900 (old style) and a yam XJ900 b4 that. Ploded around frogland with the wife hanging on and a few trips around etc. Here in Floriduh I have a new style 1998 1200 Trophy. Its OK big heavy and I do like the height as I am 6'1. It is a tall top heavy bike, do NOT drop it!

Been loooking for a while, thought about an FJR but they seem to be going out of fashion and maybe a beemer. The new 1600 gt wow. Dont really like the Big Honda Pan, too big and heavy and old school styling wise... I also sat on a new Kwacker gtr 1400, at a dealer here. Mixed feeling about it.

Like most near mid 50's now and not looking fo0r anything sporty as my poor wrists couldnt take it. Money, around 6-8 k dont mind anything up to 2/3 yrs old.

Cheers Mike

2 weeks, 50 views, ZERO REPLIES

Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - kevg

sorry fella only just noticed this.

Can't beat a BMW for this kind of work. R1100SS is reasonably powered and good fun.

The Pan's are smooth as f*** but a little uninvolving for me. Good power, chased a couple of cops over the mountain in IOM on a 10 year old Fireblade. Never let cops tell you they can ride they were all over the place !

The big Suzuki is nice but a look at the 1300 Honda might be worth while, much better bike.

Left field option may be the ST4 Ducati, not all bad and a name you can bandy about with a smile on your face.

Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - bazza

What about a Bandit 1250? All day comfy, massive torque and smooth motor, pretty cheap, you can buy a minter for about 5K.

Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - Bedhead

If you think the Pan is heavy, don't even think about the BM 6-cylinder, it's gargantuan.

The smaller K-series BM's get a good name, but pound for pound quality, it's hard to beat the Honda.

Bandit 1250 is a good bike, but chain drive and no built in luggage.

I think you mean the Honda 6 cyl, which is fine if you like polishing all day but not a real bike (see Harley Davison). The Rocket 3 Triumph can handle and goes well. How about a Hayabusa with a luggage rack ??

oops forgot to mention Suzuki suspension tends to be very soft.

Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - Bedhead

I think you mean the Honda 6 cyl, which is fine if you like polishing all day but not a real bike (see Harley Davison). The Rocket 3 Triumph can handle and goes well. How about a Hayabusa with a luggage rack ??

Nope, I meant the 6 cylinder BMW, K1600GT, not quite as big as a Wing, but getting there.

To be honest, I don't think there's any such thing as a "real bike" even the most utilitarian old MZ or Ural has its charms.

Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - SteveLee

Triumph Sprint ST 1050, simply the best sports tourer full stop.

sorry Bedhead, I'd forgotten that one ! Good to see knowledgeable people about but the guy who posted hasn't returned ?

Some of those bikes would scare the beejesus out of me, a Busa.............are you effing kidding. My 1998 1200 trophy is fast enough. Weight isnt a prob, as the trumpet is heavy enough, hence the Beemers Has anyone got a new GTR? Rocket, way too big, Bandit, nope want full fairing and bags. Will keep loking when I get back to zee Mutterland!

Kwacker - Sports tourers...tourers - zrx

Hi,we have a kawasaki zrx 1200r,

Can" beat it for raw power,only five speed,which means you hardly change down.

Real crowd puller,keeps it value.

Get the green one.

zrx.