Any - Sports Mopeds - RaineMan

At Classics on the Common last night there was a trio of FS1Es and a couple of other sports mopeds. This reminded of rather a long time ago when I rode a Honda SS50. Despite moving onto a scoooter and then a proper motorcycle (before the 125 limit) I never got around to taking my test. Anyway this got me to thinking - I have a full licence that covers mopeds BUT could I ride a FS1E or Fantic on it, or just one of those awful twist 'n' go things?

Any - Sports Mopeds - kevg

Think you are pretty safe with that. So long as it's below 50/49cc it counts as a moped.

Any - Sports Mopeds - SteveLee

Nearly rammed some poor spotty yoof the other day by accident, he filtered to the front of the traffic light queue on his sports bike, he was wearing full leathers on his crouch-rocket - problem was - unbeknown to me - it was a moped. He was in 4th gear by the time he crossed the lights going by the frantic throw of his right wrist in desperate execution of his clutch-less shifts. Honestly - I could have walked faster. I thought it was a proper bike and was gonna get away quickly so I toed it assoon as he started moving to get across to another lane rapidly followed by an emergency stop as this 'ped went nowhere. Mopeds have never been slower.