Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

A car to help save GM Europe - The Austin Allegro

That's right folks GM are set to launch the Vauxhall Allegro/a

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/261033/

Comments

focussed    on 20 February 2012

I hope for the sake of the motoring public that GM is past saving-it's a bankrupt company with a second-rate dealer network and unremarkable, unreliable products.

RicardoB    on 20 February 2012

Bet they get some allagro over that idea.

(Shameless re-hash of a Mike Yarwood joke circa 1973)

Edited by RicardoB on 20/02/2012 at 22:35

jamie745    on 20 February 2012

I hope for the sake of the motoring public that GM is past saving-it's a bankrupt company with a second-rate dealer network and unremarkable, unreliable products.

Do you mean the same motoring public which bought 9 million of their vehicles last year making them the Worlds biggest automaker once again? GM is still a massive company which employs more than 200,000 people worldwide.

Granted, most of its sales are in America, in Europe they're struggling but the VW Group has plenty of different brands but they cant sell as many vehicles as GM. All i'm saying is theres plenty of people out there who guy GM products so i dont think they're going to vanish just yet.

Avant    on 21 February 2012

No, I'm sure they won't vanish soon unless fleet sales dry up, on which Vauxhall at least is largely dependent.

If you like useless information, Boris Johnson's first wife was called Allegra, and his second is called Marina. Expect to see Maxine on his arm any tme now....

focussed    on 21 February 2012

Do you mean the same motoring public which bought 9 million of their vehicles last year making them the Worlds biggest automaker once again? GM is still a massive company which employs more than 200,000 people worldwide.

Granted, most of its sales are in America, in Europe they're struggling but the VW Group has plenty of different brands but they cant sell as many vehicles as GM. All i'm saying is theres plenty of people out there who guy GM products so i dont think they're going to vanish just yet.

Is there a spellcheck on this site?

So it's a good thing that they are not going to vanish?

jamie745    on 21 February 2012

So it's a good thing that they are not going to vanish?

Its good for the 9 million people who bought a vehicle from them last year and the 200,000 people they employ.

Add a comment

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote