Honda CG 125 - Platform for a Honda on a campervan - PaulWest

I have an elderly Transit motorhome that I use to tow my vintage racing car around the country to various events (its OK, bike content arrives shortly).

I also have a Honda CG125. It lives in a shed at the bottom of the garden and doesn’t get the use it should. I’ve had the idea to make a bike platform that can mount on the tow bracket of the van (its plenty strong enough) above the hitch – and therefore have a small bike available as paddock bike, for popping to the shops etc.

I need to be able to access the tow hitch while it is in place to remove the trailer if necessary which should be manageable, but the real problem is the width of the bike across the bars – it means the platform will have to stick out a couple of feet which is getting rather too close to the front of the car on the trailer when on full lock.

I wondered if it is possible to get some narrower bars for the Honda, or will it make it too uncontrollable (and if so, where)? The other option is a narrow platform and use the Velosolex as the paddock bike – but getting to the shops would take all afternoon!!!!

Honda CG 125 - Platform for a Honda on a campervan - Cris_on_the_gas

Can't you mount the bike rack on the back of the trailer ?

Honda CG 125 - Platform for a Honda on a campervan - jaybeetoo

What is the weight of the Honda + bike platform + nose weight of the trailer?

I suspect it would exceed what the tow bracket can take.

Honda CG 125 - Platform for a Honda on a campervan - dieselnut

This might be what you're looking for. Takes up to 130kg & the tow ball is still useable.

http://www.davecooper.co.uk/motorbike_racks.asp