any - Quoting previous posts - gordonbennet
Has something changed recently in the forum software or is it an issue my end.

When replying including quoting a previous message i use paragraphs with a space between to make my pointless waffle at least easier to read before correctly discarding as rubbish.

Once posted the whole of the message is closed fully up with no spaces between sentences.

ie there should be 4 spaces between the 5 sentences here, which should provide the answer of whether its only when quoting or if its doing this all the time.

Anyone else having issues?
Has something changed recently in the forum software or is it an issue my end.

When replying including quoting a previous message i use paragraphs with a space between to make my pointless waffle at least easier to read before correctly discarding as rubbish.

Once posted the whole of the message is closed fully up with no spaces between sentences.

ie there should be 4 spaces between the 5 sentences here, which should provide the answer of whether its only when quoting or if its doing this all the time.

Anyone else having issues?

quoting my own post now.

should be a gap between these two sentences.
well thats made a liar out of me, all working as it should.

Edited by gordonbennet on 23/04/2023 at 08:35

any - Quoting previous posts - Engineer Andy
well thats made a liar out of me, all working as it should.

I think that sometimes problems occur if the original post's formatting is 'odd'. It also can be a real pain responding to a longer post that has several numbered points where the numbering notation gets lost as you respond via individual responses below each one you want rather than at the end.

Some people also do want / know how to use the 'quote original message' and things get more and more complex with quotation marks, etc if there's a back and forth.