Red Light Camera Distance - JenAGH65
Hi,

Just looking for some information that I was thinking when driving around today.

There is a Grey Box Red Light Camera situated on Park Place Road by the New Theatre Cardiff and a set of lights there consequently. If you go straight ahead, there is another set of light with no Red Light camera; I was wondering would the previous Grey Box camera trigger for the second set of lights which is approximately 121 metres away or would it only trigger for the set of lights that it is closest too?

Thanks! (No need for berating nasty comments, i’m just wondering and would like to further understand the rules of the road)
Red Light Camera Distance - Miniman777
Does it look like this: www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/motoring/how-leice...8

These are a dual purpose camera, to get red light jumpers and those over the sped limit. Think the idea stems from a tendency to put your foot down as lights change to,amber. So not a trigger for a second set.

Lots of these in Leicester - and they work!
Red Light Camera Distance - JenAGH65
Does it look like this: www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/motoring/how-leice...8

These are a dual purpose camera, to get red light jumpers and those over the sped limit. Think the idea stems from a tendency to put your foot down as lights change to,amber. So not a trigger for a second set.

Lots of these in Leicester - and they work!

p>

Hi, thanks for your response, the camera was like this one images.app.goo.gl/mJ42J2kcLzw1nnu77

This was also in Cardiff - so referring back to what you said, these wouldn’t trigger for the second set of traffic lights?

Red Light Camera Distance - Bromptonaut

Red light cameras focus on the stop line. If you cross it after the light is red (there's a small margin for error) then you're photographed and ticketed.

The Leicester junction shown has what look like repeaters to help visibility. They're after the stop line so provided the line wasn't crossed on red you're OK.

If the lights 100m on are a separate junction I don't see how one camera could cover both.