Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - Lrac

I purchased on line 2 oil filters from a well known parts supplier. I drove to collect the filters , a round trip of 25+ miles when I got out of the car I could see they were wrong although the boxes were the same size. I rang up and was told " sorry about that we made a mistake and gave you the wrong ones". I see their vans in my area so I asked if the next time a van was in the area, could they swap them over? No they are on the shelf for your collection and that is definitely the only option you have.

Is that the only option that I have? I cannot justify another 25 miles / 1 hour drive just for 2 oil filters. They clearly advertise delivery but there are a number of sites in the same area so guess it must be from another site but I was told this is not possible either.

Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - alan1302

I don't think legallu they have to come and collect them. If you pikced them up then you need to return them. Why did you take them if you saw that they were wrong when you collected them?

Obviously I didn't see they were wrong when I collected them. The boxes were the same size and I just assumed they knew what they were doing as they handed me the items and said "this is your order", the livery was the same just a number at the bottom of the box that was different.

I would not expect them to have to make a special journey to collect the items but they drive within yards of my house on a daily basis making their deliveries, so I said next time they are passing.

Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - paul 1963

I know the company your referring to ( won't name them obviously), I work for a rival company and there notorious in the industry for doing exactly what's happened to you.

Personally I would take the bits back, get a refund and go elsewhere.

Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - Gibbo_Wirral

Let me guess, a European named company? Happens all the time.

Last time I complained and got them to collect by courier and got a refund.

Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - _

So, a 25 mile trip (then twice) to save how much?

50 miles in a Pug 108 to save how much. Would it not be better to get them posted, then if wrong, free exchange..

I would normally pick up such parts when I'm passing as I have never urgently needed to change the oil on my cars and it saves having to be about for collection. I returned the wrong filters to the place that a number of you very skillfully suspected. Chap on the counter was very pleasant and failed to understand why one of their vans couldn't have simply swapped them over as they are in the area frequently.

I unexpectedly had to visit my in laws so returning the filters wasn't the unnecessary journey that I had anticipated. Popped into GSF and purchased 2 MANN oil filters for the grand total of £8.66 which I think is the bargain of the century and cheaper than "the other place". I am amazed at how cheap these cars are to run.

"The other place" are supposed to be investigating my complaint. Obviously not holding my breath , oil changes done first thing this morning and ORB will be pleased to note Total ECS oil was brought on line a while ago but I must confess that was solely because it was the cheapest supplier

have now received an email stating that they are happy to collect the parts and issue a refund I am guessing this would be one of the many vans that pass my way regularly.

So what defies comprehension is the fact that they wont simply drop off the parts that I actually paid for and ordered. Since they are a highly successful company no doubt making millions and I am poor it's obviously a failing on my part!

Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - Crickleymal

I've had trouble with them as well. I ordered some parts over the internet using my phone. For some obscure reason their website didn't like my phone and wouldn't let me pay, either by PayPal or by card. Eventually I used my laptop and paid. Then it appears I have been charged twice for the same order. They refused to believe that I had been charged twice. I eventually got my money back but it was a real hassle.

Peugeot 108 - Supplied wrong parts / Click and Collect - Gibbo_Wirral

I've had trouble with them as well. I ordered some parts over the internet using my phone. For some obscure reason their website didn't like my phone and wouldn't let me pay, either by PayPal or by card.

I had that last month as well. Paypal wouldn't work and credit card kept getting declined.