Can I buy a new car if DVLA have wrong address? - Newbe
Hi, have just joined in hopes someone can help with this.

My car has broken down and not worth repairing. The address on my driving license and lig book is out of date I know I need to change asap or face a fine. There’s a complication that means I cant use online service so will need to send driving license and logbook away to make the change at it could take 6 weeks. But I need a new car now.

Will the out of date details be a problem when buying a new car (will not be trading in the old one as will sort the log book and address out etc before selling/scrapping).

Thanks
Can I buy a new car if DVLA have wrong address? - Adampr

It shouldn't be a problem. If you're buying from a dealer, they may ask for an alternative proof of address.

Can I buy a new car if DVLA have wrong address? - Bromptonaut

No problem.

Buy new car and give the supplying dealer/DVLA your current/ correct address to which the car will be registered. As long as you've got proof of your ID and current address (Council Tax Bill?) then even if you're borrowing money from the dealer I don't think you'll have a problem.

Based on my own experience I don't think a scrappy will be too bothered either.

We've all forgotten or not sorted it 'cos we're young and moving around every few months. Failing to ensure your car is registered to your current address can cause a lot of grief. Not because of any offence around DVLA regs etc but what happens if you get a parking or congestion charge fine sent by post to the car's keeper.

The Council just send out what the law says they have to to the address they got from DVLA. The person who receives that stuff ignores it as either they know you left months ago or they've never heard of you.

Then it goes to debt enforcement. The guys who do that are on payment by results and work out where you are. You get up when two blokes built like brick outhouses ring your doorbell to find the car on your drive is clamped...

Can I buy a new car if DVLA have wrong address? - Newbe
Thank you! Much appreciate the advice.