Land Rover Defender 90 1993 - Two different VIN numbers on vehicle - Zero

Not sure what to do about this , the above vehicle is up for auction , I have had a look and the owner told me about the different numbers - he is honest about it

Looks like somebody has done a really good job on the body work and replaced the chassis from another LR . Now to the best of my knowledge ,the VIN issue here could cause problems with a sharp eyed MOT inspector .

It has also stopped the current owner from shipping it to the USA . If I do ever have to sell it I think i may be in for a problematic sale . I have spoken to the local Police who stated that I should get in touch with the DVLA . Now that will take some time I reckon . Has anybody seen a website that can trace chassis VIN numbers ? Auction finishes on Sunday night .

Thanks

Jeff ( think there maybe another Zero on here )

Edited by Zero on 16/03/2023 at 19:27

Land Rover Defender 90 1993 - Two different VIN numbers on vehicle - _

With a separate chassis it can happen. The owner should get in touch with DVLA with proof of chassis change.(or was it a body change?) to have the vehicle inspected. (possibly an extended MOT to check all is safe.

Land Rover Defender 90 1993 - Two different VIN numbers on vehicle - Zero

(or was it a body change? )

No idea here but it's another worry . One old LR mechanic said that if you do inform DVLA you will get a junior clerk and it could go on for ages .