Any - Vehicle registration - how long? - johnmazda

When you purchase a car, is that car's registration immediately linked to your name and address?

Basically, I think I drove in a bus lane by accident when it was in operation on the same week I got the car. However, the dealership had sent off the V5C form to officially register me I think and then I received it about 7-10 days later. So my question is if I did mess up at any point after I purchased would the council (or Tfl) know where to send me the letter (fine)?

I never received anything and it's been more than two weeks. I just hope nothing has got lost.

Any - Vehicle registration - how long? - Cris_on_the_gas

Assuming it was a new car and this was first registration. Most likely the dealer registered it online so would have your details before you drove off the forecourt.

You have got 14 days to receive the notification. If you have not received it by then most likely there was no film or they couldn't be bothered to process it.

Assuming it was a new car and this was first registration. Most likely the dealer registered it online so would have your details before you drove off the forecourt.

You have got 14 days to receive the notification. If you have not received it by then most likely there was no film or they couldn't be bothered to process it.

It wasn't a new car, no. This is a used car but with one previous owner only. I'm sure the dealership would have registered in my name the moment I purchased it but will check.

Any - Vehicle registration - how long? - gordonbennet

They don't normally miss a trick, my normal routine to one delivery point sees me passing through the bus lane section long before it becomes live at 7am, due to alternative planning i did the same run 2 hours later on a Saturday morn and just followed ny normal routine of utilising said bus lane, fine came through in pretty short order.

First fine etc in well over a million miles so not going to begrudge them that, save it was during national house arrest and not a vehicle apart from mine to be seen in the video clip they sent, such is life.

Wouldn't the same rules apply here as with speeding etc in company vehicles, as i understand it the time period starts counting down from whence they discover the identity of the driver of the vehicle...might be worth contacting whoever you need to and find out if they've been contacted by the local authority re bus lane infringement, ensure you get the chance to pay the lower figure within the time frame.

Any - Vehicle registration - how long? - Bromptonaut

Where was that one GB?

AIUI while some places enforce through the courts others have gone the same way as London and use a Civil Enforcement Scheme similar to parking.

Where was that one GB?

AIUI while some places enforce through the courts others have gone the same way as London and use a Civil Enforcement Scheme similar to parking.

Enfield, if we get any of these at all its always them.

They don't normally miss a trick, my normal routine to one delivery point sees me passing through the bus lane section long before it becomes live at 7am, due to alternative planning i did the same run 2 hours later on a Saturday morn and just followed ny normal routine of utilising said bus lane, fine came through in pretty short order.

First fine etc in well over a million miles so not going to begrudge them that, save it was during national house arrest and not a vehicle apart from mine to be seen in the video clip they sent, such is life.

Wouldn't the same rules apply here as with speeding etc in company vehicles, as i understand it the time period starts counting down from whence they discover the identity of the driver of the vehicle...might be worth contacting whoever you need to and find out if they've been contacted by the local authority re bus lane infringement, ensure you get the chance to pay the lower figure within the time frame.

That's pretty good if that's your first fine. I only just started driving so it's inevitable that I am going to make a few mistakes early on.

So I contacted the dealership and they did say before they sent off the V5C form to change the ownership from the previous owner to myself, the vehicle was registered to myself. I mean it has to be right, would be illegal to drive it otherwise I'm guessing.

Therefore when I drove through this bus lane it was only a few days after I purchased the car and drove it from the dealership. Surely the registration would be linked to my name and address already? I mean who would I even contact? I guess the local council where this bus lane was (if I can work where it was). Regardless, it's been 23 days since this happened so...

It's possible that I didn't drive in a bus lane of course, it was quite wet and the lane itself was very faded and having never driven in this area before, no surprise I made this mistake.

That's pretty good if that's your first fine. I only just started driving so it's inevitable that I am going to make a few mistakes early on.

Er no, had enough fines in the previous 3million or so miles :-)

Seeing as you've spoken to the dealer already one would hope they would give you a phone call to let you know if a driver identity request for your car turns up, hopefully you'll hear nothing but at the end of the day its just a fine and no serious penalty or points to worry about.