Citreon - speed sensor or camera? - johnmazda

Was on the A85 earlier, this was near and not sure whether you can even see this but it looks like a pole with a solar panel and then the 30mph speed limit with the camera icon at the bottom. Is this a speed sensor or a camera - www.google.com/maps/@56.328182,-4.3262804,3a,75y,1...2

Also on the A84 and A82 route in general from Sterling to Glencoe via Tyndrum I did not see many cameras along route, apart from the SPECS cameras (I think). No Gatsos, Truvelo combis etc.

There's also a short 30 mph zone for some part as you pass the River Etive bridge - www.google.com/maps/@56.6511869,-4.8506846,3a,75y,...2

But again I could not spot any speed cameras here even though I saw the black and white signpost before entering the zone. Does anyone know if there are any cameras on this stretch I'm talking about...? Has anyone been on this recently?

Citreon - speed sensor or camera? - FP

Are you feeling a little... "nervous" about something?

I'm a new driver, only recently passed a couple of months ago and I think as much as I've enjoyed driving itself almost every day, I do have a paranoia about getting caught committing some kind of offence. I think I've got over the red light anxiety but going the wrong way or down a LTN can play on my mind.

I did a fairly long drive today, Sterling to Glencoe and back again, around 4 hours in total and it was mostly fine, enjoyed it and hopefully I haven't got caught out by some of these speed zones. I never went over 60 for the vast majority of the trip (as around 70% of it was national speed limit) but there are some large stretches in the various towns (Tyndrum, Srathyre etc.) which are 30mph and can be easy to forget when you're used to driving at higher speeds.

Citreon - speed sensor or camera? - FiestaOwner

There's also a short 30 mph zone for some part as you pass the River Etive bridge - www.google.com/maps/@56.6511869,-4.8506846,3a,75y,...2

But again I could not spot any speed cameras here even though I saw the black and white signpost before entering the zone. Does anyone know if there are any cameras on this stretch I'm talking about...? Has anyone been on this recently?

There isn't normally a 30 limit here. There are roadworks on just now, hence the speed restriction.

www.traffic.gov.scot/travel-news/projects-and-even...h

Citreon - speed sensor or camera? - bathtub tom

I suspect anyone who thinks their car is a CITREON and are incapable of reading this off the badge and V5 may take much more care!

Citreon - speed sensor or camera? - Adampr

That's a speed sensor to show you how fast you're going before you get to the camera.

Was on the A85 earlier, this was near and not sure whether you can even see this but it looks like a pole with a solar panel and then the 30mph speed limit with the camera icon at the bottom. Is this a speed sensor or a camera - www.google.com/maps/@56.328182,-4.3262804,3a,75y,1...2

Also on the A84 and A82 route in general from Sterling to Glencoe via Tyndrum I did not see many cameras along route, apart from the SPECS cameras (I think). No Gatsos, Truvelo combis etc.

That sign just lights up if you're speeding.

A lot of the speed enforcement in Scotland is done by mobile speed cameras. IE, Cameras inside vans with the lens pointing out through an open window (or hatch). Think all the vans are marked, so if you didn't see any, then you should be fine.

A word of warning though, they do say that once you see a van, it has already got you. They can trap you a very long way off.

www.safetycameras.gov.scot/cameras/safety-camera-l.../

I would recommend using cruise control (where practical) to ensure your speed doesn't creep up.

A lot of the speed enforcement in Scotland is done by mobile speed cameras. IE, Cameras inside vans with the lens pointing out through an open window (or hatch). Think all the vans are marked, so if you didn't see any, then you should be fine.

A word of warning though, they do say that once you see a van, it has already got you. They can trap you a very long way off.

www.safetycameras.gov.scot/cameras/safety-camera-l.../

I would recommend using cruise control (where practical) to ensure your speed doesn't creep up.

Yeah I don't think I saw any of those and I suspect that if they did catch you they would have stopped you there and then?

Citreon - speed sensor or camera? - Andrew-T

<< I don't think I saw any of those and I suspect that if they did catch you they would have stopped you there and then? >>

I doubt that very much - they are 'mobile' but not that mobile. You would probably get something in the post some time later.

Yeah I don't think I saw any of those and I suspect that if they did catch you they would have stopped you there and then?

As Andrew-T said, the keeper gets notified by post (within 14 days, I think). In this example it would be the car hire company (I think you said in a previous post you were hiring a car for this trip).

You wouldn't get stopped there and then, as the vans aren't operated by Police Officers.